+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Our team compared to 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Was Hughes better than Langstaff though? Hughes scored 30 goals in the 09/10 season, Langstaff in a less dominant team has scored 25, same level. They're different players but on goal scoring record, Langstaff is beating out Hughes just at the moment.

Westcarr had the security of having a competent right back behind him. Nemane is also having to get back to defend and is creating lots and has a fair few goals himself. It's not an easy win for Nemane, it's close but I think he shades it, certainly worth the conversation about it most definitely.
    Hughes could score the kind of goals that Langstaff scores, but Langstaff couldn't score some of the goals that Hughes scored. He could do everything and was a more complete player. Plus he had that X factor that no other player has had since - a true fans favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Rodgers one and only season at Notts, 13 in 46. Macca's first season, 42 in 48 so a world apart. The question should be is he better than Hughes, maybe not. Hughes was a bit of a dirty player but got results.

Better defenders and a world class keeper that we couldn't afford is the massive difference.
    Cant compare Macca first season as it was a division lower in the NL , but you can this season where Macca has 25 goals. so better than Rodgers, but saying that rodgers was not the main striker Hughes was
    As far as Macca being better than Hughes it is not even close , Hughes at the current time is streets ahead of Macca, as hughes was a prolific striker for his whole career and played at the highest level, another thing that makes Hughes better is he did so much more than score goals, many i time he was also helping out in defense, something i dont think Hughes often gets credit for

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    Probably on a par with Hughes. Not as clinical but gives more to the team.
    However, on the human being front, there is only one winner. No matter how many goals he scored for Notts, I could never applaud Hughes.. His actions were unforgiveable.
    We are assessing Hughes on his football ability nothing else,

Quote Originally Posted by SinceSept1959 View Post
    We certainly had a far superior manager.
    Better goal keepers , better defenders and Hughsey and Rogers up front.
    The gates that season were far inferior to those this season , which is why it was so ***** to maintain forward momentum.
    Jodi Jones would certainly have made the team and Macc would have been a very good substitute.
    The gates all accross the board were lower back in 2010, in fact gates have risen in all divisions significantly since covid

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    We are assessing Hughes on his football ability nothing else,
    I did that in my opening comment. However I really dislike the way not just footballers, but so called celebreties are feted even after they commit dreadful actions. The supporters who forget this have no moral compass. I would rather he had never donned a black and white shirt no matter how good he was. Nor can I ignore one aspect when commenting on another. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    I did that in my opening comment. However I really dislike the way not just footballers, but so called celebreties are feted even after they commit dreadful actions. The supporters who forget this have no moral compass. I would rather he had never donned a black and white shirt no matter how good he was. Nor can I ignore one aspect when commenting on another. Sorry
    Nothing to be sorry about, I do not think what Hughes did was that bad. He did something i did, and many of my friends male or female did when qwe were young, drive whwn we were over the limit. I know its silly and now im older i would never do it- but many of us did whwn younger. Luckily nothing happened , unfortunately for Hughes the worst possible thing happened , and because he was a famous footballer people harp on about it, if it was joe blogs it would have long been forgotten.
    At the end of the day Hughes served his time, so you think Hughes should pay forever ? and the club Notts County our club hired his services as a footballer. my opinion is either like it, or stay away from the club if you do not like what they do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234