+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jatta

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    We still looked a lot worse after he went off. McGoldrick was less effective by some way.

I like what I've seen so far. The lay-off assist and the poacher's goal at Accrington, and then the back post header and confident run and finish at Bradford. Clearly the players around him need to give him the right kind of service to his feet and chest/body rather than aiming at his head just because he's tall, but he's pacey, a bit awkward and gangly and will give centre-halves trouble.
    I like what I've seen of Jatta in the away highlights a lot more than what I've seen with my own eyes in home games. But we've been woeful at home lately, and he hasn't been the problem. I hope we've signed a good player, but I'm not convinced yet.

He reminds me a lot of Dave Regis. He has pace and looks sort of awkward on the ball but is actually in control. He has the potential to cause mayhem. He cannot win headers for toffee though I didn't see him win one single header against Salford. I think he will be a steady player for us with occasional bursts of the spectacular. But we will see.

Hopefully between now and the seasons end he can get 3 more goals at least then it will stop any doubts lingering over him during the off season.
    Bit of a strange signing for us as I don’t think his game is suited to how we play, he doesn’t look particularly comfortable dropping and showing for the ball with slow build ups, he was largely static against Salford, his game appears to be about getting the ball to his feet quickly and allowing him to turn and run with space in behind.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    He reminds me a lot of Dave Regis. He has pace and looks sort of awkward on the ball but is actually in control. He has the potential to cause mayhem. He cannot win headers for toffee though I didn't see him win one single header against Salford. I think he will be a steady player for us with occasional bursts of the spectacular. But we will see.
    Didn't he score with his head v Bratfud? Just saying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12