+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Check your Passports if you are visiting the EU.

Perhaps give the Passport Office a call to get some sound advice.

https://www.gov.uk/passport-advice-line

Quote Originally Posted by MagyarMiller View Post
    Sorry to hear about your situation Raging, but thanks for posting this.

I couldn't fully get my head round the op, but I get it now.

Further to this, do you still need at least 6 months on a valid passport?
    Although you mentioned 3 months, I thought it was 6

My passport has a issue date of March 17 2015 and expiry date of August 17 2025

I'm due to go to Brussels in September this year, there and back before 17th,, but only just, so cutting a bit fine.

I think it might be wise to renew before I go, even if I lose 6 months.
    As I understand it Maggie, you are fine too travel to the EU this September and you are fine too travel up to your issue date reaches 10 years on March 17th 2025. You're good up to this date to travel into the eu

The gov.uk foreign travel advice pages are the most straight forward ish , these rules have been in place since we left the EU but incidentally do not apply to many/most non EU countries so check each country’s page on gov.uk for the correct advice

If you are planning to travel to an EU country (except Ireland), Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Andorra, Monaco, San Marino or Vatican City, you must follow the Schengen area passport requirements.

Your passport must be:

issued less than 10 years before the date you enter the country (check the ‘date of issue’)

And valid for at least 3 months after the day you plan to return home (check the ‘expiry date’)

Even then I’ve changed the wording slightly on the return home bit to make it clearer

Hope this helps

If the issue date is 02/04/14, and the expiry date is 02/10/24, don't use it, it's expired after 10 years after the issue date, 02/04/24.

Get a new one......................UTM.

Thanks for all the replies everyone.
    That's definitely helped.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12