+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blues are building a new stadium

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    We can only dream of a new super stadium. Anyone seen the Bernabeau renovation

https://youtu.be/xZZs6BxLYHM?si=o7cld1QySUGcS-Jt
    One word-Wow!
    Was totally oblivious to this so thanks for posting. An amazing design. The only negative I guess is that the sheer cost of this surely only reflects the ridiculous amounts of money swirling around the top European clubs in contrast to the average earnings and living standards of their supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    One word-Wow!
    Was totally oblivious to this so thanks for posting. An amazing design. The only negative I guess is that the sheer cost of this surely only reflects the ridiculous amounts of money swirling around the top European clubs in contrast to the average earnings and living standards of their supporters.
    You have to admire the engineering/construction involved in this to appreciate (even for a non-engineering minded person like me). I love stadium designs, been to the maracana, old bernabeau and I have to say I just don’t like new Wembley, it could have been so much better. The Everton and Liverpool designs look amazing from what i’ve seen.

Good investment Blues to be honest! 2nd largest city in the U.K. and if they had a new stadium and were in the Premier they would attract 40,000 crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Good investment Blues to be honest! 2nd largest city in the U.K. and if they had a new stadium and were in the Premier they would attract 40,000 crowds.
    I agree, Blues are potentially a huge club properly run.

The critical detail that Jeremy Peace made during his time with us was consigning us to being a mid range Championship club (his words) and reducing the stadium to match.

The lack of nous from this genius in this regard was hard for me to understand.

The bigger your stadium (within reason) the bigger your potential.

26,000 in the Championship for capacity is borderline acceptable.

If however, you have a 40,000 capacity stadium and you’re in the Prem you fill one end of the ground with away support for a lot of clubs who would love that many away tickets and you charge them through the nose to attend.

30,000 to 32,000 home supporters and an away end holding 8,000 to 10,000 that is built in a way that can be sectioned off if home support grows.

We turned ourselves into what we now are due to a self absorbed shyster with only his own end game in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I agree, Blues are potentially a huge club properly run.

The critical detail that Jeremy Peace made during his time with us was consigning us to being a mid range Championship club (his words) and reducing the stadium to match.

The lack of nous from this genius in this regard was hard for me to understand.

The bigger your stadium (within reason) the bigger your potential.

26,000 in the Championship for capacity is borderline acceptable.

If however, you have a 40,000 capacity stadium and you’re in the Prem you fill one end of the ground with away support for a lot of clubs who would love that many away tickets and you charge them through the nose to attend.

30,000 to 32,000 home supporters and an away end holding 8,000 to 10,000 that is built in a way that can be sectioned off if home support grows.

We turned ourselves into what we now are due to a self absorbed shyster with only his own end game in mind.

Couldn’t have put it better myself but absolutely spot on there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)