+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: LR's pre match interview

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Blades and Burnley were last season, this season it was every time the keeper got the ball it was hoof, never tried to build from the back and play through the midfield. Yes he had two very good performances against Blackburn and Norwich (more than LR has or seems capable of) but after that it was aim for hugill. On this site loads of people said we keep giving the ball away with the punt forward and that we don't have the players to play football, which I don't agree with we have some good footballing players, but I am not sure we have had coaches capable of getting them to play. However we all see the game differently.
    This isn't meant as a criticism Derby because I know you live abroad, but you also get a different perspective when you're actually at the game rather than watching a fairly narrow view on TV.
    I agree about the hoofball played this season but what is also particularly noticeable to me st NYS is the number of players who effectively "hide" and don't show for the ball so, whoever is in possession often has little option other than to hit it long and hope one of our big lumps wins it.
    A complete clear out is needed at the end of this season but unfortunately that's no guarantee that things will be a lot better next time around.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    It's hard to believe that any sane individual would move to another employer for higher pay, better working conditions and an improved chance of being successful.
    I mean that really would be a stupid thing to do wouldn't it?
    Too true, particularly one that preached to us about loyalty.

It's hard to believe that any sane individual would move to another employer for higher pay, better working conditions and an improved chance of being successful.
    I mean that really would be a stupid thing to do wouldn't it?
    How do you know he moved to Derby for higher pay ? Maybe the prospect of getting Derby higher than league one was the pull and not money .

Quote Originally Posted by MillersJ81 View Post
    How do you know he moved to Derby for higher pay ? Maybe the prospect of getting Derby higher than league one was the pull and not money .
    Btw I’ve moved jobs in the past for less money . Money isn’t always the motive .

I don't. I was replying to Grist who apparently does know.
    Try to keep up 😉

I was told that Derby had made an earlier approach but Warney, at that time thought that RUFC was going to be sold, so he turned it down but when that fell through,he decided to leave.He left for much better money and to work for a chairman with ambition, who is a true Derby fan and will give him full backing.

I don't. I was replying to Grist who apparently does know.
    Try to keep up 😉
    Don’t need to keep up I replied to what you posted . You agreed with the original post .

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    I was told that Derby had made an earlier approach but Warney, at that time thought that RUFC was going to be sold, so he turned it down but when that fell through,he decided to leave.He left for much better money and to work for a chairman with ambition, who is a true Derby fan and will give him full backing.
    Amazing 👍

Don’t need to keep up I replied to what you posted . You agreed with the original post .
    Irony is obviously wasted on you 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Too true, particularly one that preached to us about loyalty.
    He didn’t actually, that’s simply not true.

He preached about team spirit and togetherness yes, but not loyalty. He used to speak quite openly about the fact that players aren’t fans of the club like we are and that it was their job where they needed to do the best for themselves and their family.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast