+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LR's pre match interview

LR's pre match interview

Last edited by CAMiller; 27-03-2024 at 08:08 PM.

Still blaming the training facilities

Nothing to do with him or the useless bottlers he sends out to play

I see it both ways. He can't now come out and say the last Manager left me with a bag o' crap to work with. He's got what he's got so he's, shall we say, laying blame elsewhere. My judgement on him will come next season when it's his own team, choice, tactics, style and who he chooses to win our games.

Let's be honest, it's been a s.hit fest since Taylor brought in has beens, crocks, crooks and however else you'd describe our current line up.
    Don't apportion all the blame on Richardson just yet. Let him clear the decks of our mega superstar under performers et al and let him bring in who 'he' thinks will do the job for us.

Personally, I hold no hopes for an instant bounce back up to the Championship at the end of next season. I would rather us consolidate for a season, even two, if it meant 'if' we gained promotion back to the Championship, we could bloody well stay there next time with no fear of a relegation battle.

Consolidate

Now that’s an interesting one

It appears at first glance that the club cannot fund an improved playing squad AND a training facilities revamp, so it’s one or the other

Improved facilities is the “ head” choice, improved playing squad is the “ heart” choice

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Consolidate

Now that’s an interesting one

It appears at first glance that the club cannot fund an improved playing squad AND a training facilities revamp, so it’s one or the other

Improved facilities is the “ head” choice, improved playing squad is the “ heart” choice
    Grist, I think 'after' next season I feel we will see an all change at the top table. Maybe it may take a Sheff Utd/Weds six year get out, something we're not use to as over the last 10 years we've been the most promoted side in South Yorkshire. As they say, patience is a virtue but are the Millers fans willing to stay so low for several years? I've been there many times so I will show patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Grist, I think 'after' next season I feel we will see an all change at the top table. Maybe it may take a Sheff Utd/Weds six year get out, something we're not use to as over the last 10 years we've been the most promoted side in South Yorkshire. As they say, patience is a virtue but are the
    amaillers fans willing to saty so low for several years? I've been there many times so I will show patience.

Well that’s true, but the core support of the two Sheffield clubs is much larger and more resilient

We are more like Barnsley, Donny and depressingly York, Halifax and S****horpe

Big thing though, I think we are looking at a big dip and are the folk of Millers supporters ready for this?.

We've had fantastic memories under Tony Stewart OBE and ones I will never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Big thing though, I think we are looking at a big dip and are the folk of Millers supporters ready for this?.

We've had fantastic memories under Tony Stewart OBE and ones I will never forget.
    So do I Brin

Other than the on pitch successes the new ground bounce has well worn off

That’s why I think we need a manager more Evans like than Warne like, an injection of passion

All we’ve had for quite a few years now are “ glass half empty” comments.

If Stewart wants to stay on for another season i very much doubt he will have retained the useless Richardson for that challenge. Expect Evans to return and two more defeats over Easter could well accelerate that move. It's always been short term minimum spend tactics with this chairman and anyone dreaming of him investing are in cloud cuckoo land.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    If Stewart wants to stay on for another season i very much doubt he will have retained the useless Richardson for that challenge. Expect Evans to return and two more defeats over Easter could well accelerate that move. It's always been short term minimum spend tactics with this chairman and anyone dreaming of him investing are in cloud cuckoo land.
    If Richardson wants to stop on I can’t see Stewart sacking him.

Stewart was very patient with Warne and we need to remember it was the latter that left rather than a sacking

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast