+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LR's pre match interview

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    By anyone I’m guessing you mean people like me mellow. The ones who put there hard earned money into supporting the club home and away and don’t threaten to not go next season because results are ****.
    People like me who expect the manager to take some level of accountability for how he’s performing and stop talking the same bollax week in week out.
    People like me who want him to stop talking in riddles and like hes stood on the outside looking in.
    Anyone like me as you put it are not idiots we know when someone is taking accountability like Warne did when he took over LR constantly tells us he’s got a good track record well good for him for us he’s dog ****.
    The results are not acceptable the performances even worse.
    Anyone like me who expects honesty and a sense of hope will keep saying so pal.
    Great post pocket he has to be accountable and I agree he does come across as it he is on the outside, perhaps he knows he is only here for 8 more games. TS must be accountable as well for his failings it isn't just LR that is making the club look so bad

I won't go to away games said why I go to watch football not what's going on around me. Watch them if they are on I follow in this country or on sky red button. Go to every home game incl' all cup games friendly's. Pay into millers mayday since it started so I've got a right to my say. LR Kelly aren't the management team for this club haven't got that millers stamp of a manager. TS cut your losses I'd give job to Morrison he seems to have something about him players would want to play for him. To come back from injury he had shows he's not a quitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Great post pocket he has to be accountable and I agree he does come across as it he is on the outside, perhaps he knows he is only here for 8 more games. TS must be accountable as well for his failings it isn't just LR that is making the club look so bad
    Absolutely I think TS has to take some staunch criticism for this season’s developments and imo the supporters could have been more vocal towards TS on match days.

By anyone I’m guessing you mean people like me mellow. The ones who put there hard earned money into supporting the club home and away and don’t threaten to not go next season because results are ****.
    People like me who expect the manager to take some level of accountability for how he’s performing and stop talking the same bollax week in week out.
    People like me who want him to stop talking in riddles and like hes stood on the outside looking in.
    Anyone like me as you put it are not idiots we know when someone is taking accountability like Warne did when he took over LR constantly tells us he’s got a good track record well good for him for us he’s dog ****.
    Yes good post PR and that sums it up nicely
    LR has even given himself the usual latitude and excuses using the age old mantra about taking three transfer windows.
    To do what exactly…. Avoid relegation to div two, top half, playoffs, promotion, something else???
    Vague and lots of wriggle room with little to measure him by

Totally agree 👏🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    I got blocked on X from a local journalist because I questioned his reporting on LR compared to MT he gets cut an enormous amount off slack locally from journalists.
    It’s the same on here MT got crucified week in week out but he was getting some wins although I can understand why some wanted him to go.
    Liem Richardson has only achieved one thing consistently terrible results and performances but he’s been here 14weeks and it’s still not his fault in any way.
    The same supporters who criticised MT consistently are the same ones asking to give the current manager time.
    Hypocrisy at its finest.
    Bang on 👍

I wanted Taylor gone.

I did not think Richardson was the man to keep us up.

I also believe Taylors mess was so bad that he had no realistic hope of keeping us up. The money gone, the cohesion gone and the squad dismantled to suit his own ego. Had we been relegated, he would have been sacked the season he arrived.

I do however think that Richardson should be given the opportunity to manage us next season. It's all right saying he needs to take accountability, but the best manager in the world wouldn't have kept us up.

What can he do when the playes have decided, before they arrived at the club, that they were coming for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    I wanted Taylor gone.

I did not think Richardson was the man to keep us up.

I also believe Taylors mess was so bad that he had no realistic hope of keeping us up. The money gone, the cohesion gone and the squad dismantled to suit his own ego. Had we been relegated, he would have been sacked the season he arrived.

I do however think that Richardson should be given the opportunity to manage us next season. It's all right saying he needs to take accountability, but the best manager in the world wouldn't have kept us up.

What can he do when the playes have decided, before they arrived at the club, that they were coming for the money.
    What can he do?
    Set us up to have a go which MT did at home.
    Stop hoofing it to a forward eg Nombe it clearly doesn’t work.
    Stop playing Appiah
    He signed Wyke why ?
    He signed the lad from Sheffield Utd why ?
    Playing the most negative tactics I’ve seen in a long time Wednesday and Huddersfield at home.

I could go on but I’d say that’s a list of accountability he could start to accept.
    That’s not on the previous manager although I get these are mostly MT players well if that’s the argument then MT got a lot more out of them then.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    I won't go to away games said why I go to watch football not what's going on around me. Watch them if they are on I follow in this country or on sky red button. Go to every home game incl' all cup games friendly's. Pay into millers mayday since it started so I've got a right to my say. LR Kelly aren't the management team for this club haven't got that millers stamp of a manager. TS cut your losses I'd give job to Morrison he seems to have something about him players would want to play for him. To come back from injury he had shows he's not a quitter.
    ^^^^This to me is a balanced post. Has a point about Morrison though.
    Last edited by kentmillerman; 28-03-2024 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Well said Clarkey.
    I don't understand why anyone can write Richardson off given the utter shambles he inherited from Taylor and the fact that he hasn't had a chance to bring his own people in yet.
    If he is such a bad manager you have to wonder how he was able to beat us to become League 1 champions a few seasons ago?
    I don't know whether he'll prove to be what we need to turn the club round but I'm not prepared to judge him until he's had the opportunity to make some major changes.
    Or you could look at it another way - if he is a ‘good’ manager, why has no club in the 92 hired him since Wigan? Why was he 5th choice for us?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast