+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: O/T Mega Poptastic Pop Quiz (54)

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Optimist View Post
    I think I have the right answer but only after Googling so I'll STFU and let someone else get it.
    Yes, leave it to Brin as I'm sure he was a big fan

Come on lets be having you before football starts tomorrow. Here's a few clues.

3. Reach 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Strech 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 (Something I doubt any MillersMADsters have ever done)
    12. And if you're asking me when I'll say it starts at the end (Most pigeons say this and don't need Google maps)
    15. And the only time he's satisfied Is when he's on a drug (House of the Rising Sun - Need artist for the year in question)
    24. It's like a jungle sometimes It makes me wonder how I keep from goin' under (This one wasn't in a bottle and wasn't by Mr. Gordon)
    34. Hot pot cook it up I'm never gonna stop Fancy a bite My appetite (Are they Fine Young ones?)
    35. No bacon steak, no strawberry milkshake, I wanna keep it (Some might say doggers are doing this?)
    37. Music happens to be the food of love Sounds to really make you rub and scrub (Sinistral sharing of a Duke's territory)
    39. Oh, pretty baby, don't bring me down, I pray (Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Need artist for the year in question)
    46. He stands so high It's enough to make any red skin cry (The Duke showing off his pins)
    47. A little loving, a little giving To build a dream for the world we live in (Not by Ms. Kidman but it's what John and Yoko asked for)
    52. To such as me Who longs to see How an angel ought to be (Andre Previn vacuuming at night time while she burned at the stake?)

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Come on lets be having you before football starts tomorrow. Here's a few clues.
    24. It's like a jungle sometimes It makes me wonder how I keep from goin' under (This one wasn't in a bottle and wasn't by Mr. Gordon)
    That's "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five.

15. The Animals
    34. I eat cannibals - Toto Coelo
    47. A little peace - Nicole
    52. Maid of Orleans - OMD like OMD part of the clue CAM

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    That's "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five.
    Quote Originally Posted by eversleymiller View Post
    15. The Animals
    34. I eat cannibals - Toto Coelo
    47. A little peace - Nicole
    52. Maid of Orleans - OMD like OMD part of the clue CAM
    All correct.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    ...52. To such as me Who longs to see How an angel ought to be (Andre Previn vacuuming at night time while she burned at the stake?)
    Ah, yes. Orchestral Man Hoovers in the Dark.

12 I’ll find my way home - Jon and Vangelis. I got this among my five an hour after this thread started but my login wasn’t working. Oh hum.

35 Go Wild in the Country - Bow Wow Wow
    Last edited by Beaufighter; 29-03-2024 at 08:41 AM.

Not so much of a fan of number 39 but these songs were my mid flow in the eighties so very recognisable.

39 Boys Town gang - Can't take my eyes off you.
    12. Jon and Vangelis - I'll find my way home
    37. Musical youth - Pass the dutchie
    Last edited by Brin; 29-03-2024 at 10:11 AM.

3 is Diana Ross work out or work your body out
    24 fek me. I've Been singing it all night.
    Grandmaster funk? It's like a jungle

Wish I could have got on top of some of these but, sad to say, I didn't know any of them! Think that year must have been a blind spot. (I'd just changed countries again and went to place where the music scene was pretty different.)

I did know the song by The Animals but dismissed it since I only knew it as a hit in the 60's. Was it re-released? (Also did they change the lyrics? I always knew the last word of the quoted line as 'drunk' not 'drug'.)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast