+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T:- Archie Mair

O/T:- Archie Mair

Just watched EFL highlights from last Saturday and Morecambe lost 2-3 to Gillingham with Archie Mair at fault for the last two Gills goals. One squeezing through his arms and the second a poor clearance.
    Just goes to show the life of a keeper, a hero one minute and a villain the next.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-03-2024 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Just watched EFL highlights from last Saturday and Morecambe lost 2-3 to Gillingham with Archie Mair at fault for the last two Gills goals. One squeezing through his arms and the second a poor clearance.
    Just goes to show the life of a keeper, a hero one minute and a villain the next.
    They must get used to it from a very young age, I can hear the screeching of 8 year olds bouncing off the outside of classroom walls after a pile driving winner from 2 yards out on the sound of the school bell gave the keeper no chance whatsoever - "Why didn't you save that you wally?"

Didn’t he go to Rochdale?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Didn’t he go to Rochdale?
    It's Tiernan Brooks at Rochdale.

Morecambe via Gateshead.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    All that matters as far as Notts are concerned - he made 2 fine saves for Notts, the second save with his foot probably the best save ever seen in the NL, and the one that promoted us

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    All that matters as far as Notts are concerned - he made 2 fine saves for Notts, the second save with his foot probably the best save ever seen in the NL, and the one that promoted us
    His saves will live long in Notts folklore.

I hope at some point he is back at Meadow Lane (most likely for the opposition) where I am certain he will get a very good reception.