Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
The most significant part for me is where he describes his meetings with Andre Marriner to review his performance, to look at how I managed the players, how I interacted with my colleagues, whether the teamwork was good. Honestly, fans don't give a FF for that game management BS, just get the decisions right, Don't be giving penalties for insignificant contact in the penalty area, don't be giving pens for the ball hitting someone's arm when they can do nothing about it, don't be conned into giving free kicks to the players who instigate contact and then fall down as soon as they feel their opponents breath on them. He says they review their decisions, well if so why do they keep making the same mistakes, game after game ?
All well and good if they were allowed to referee as they did to get to this level. The problem is that, once they get to this level, they have to follow the instructions given to them by those running the game at this level. This is not the FA or the Football League it is the Premier League -----under the guise of the PGMOL. This is why we have all these stupid excess force, endangering an opponent, player safety is the most important thing etc. etc.
Officials have to comply with the instruction given as far as interpretation of the Laws of the Game are concerned, although to my mind, that interpretation is different at the top level than it is in the rest of football in the EFL.