+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Operation day.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Dubs, can you give me a heads up about the drugs I’ve been supplied please.

The info supplied requires a degree to understand.

The one drug is supposed to be taken twice a day and the Codine every six hours, both are for pain relief.

It says to take them before any pain and not to wait until pain actually starts.

I’m conflicted at the moment as it’s 6 1/2 hours since the op and I feel fine?

Have you any idea how long it’s likely to be until the stuff they pumped into me wears off?
    Mick - glad the op went well, Codeine is taken 4 times a day and your other medication is possibly Naproxen? It's for pain and inflammation whereas Codeine is for pain only. You've probably had Morphine post-op and it depends whether or not it is slow release (12hrly dosing) or standard release which is every few hours (it's far less precise as they use it for breakthrough pain alongside slow release versions).

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Mick - glad the op went well, Codeine is taken 4 times a day and your other medication is possibly Naproxen? It's for pain and inflammation whereas Codeine is for pain only. You've probably had Morphine post-op and it depends whether or not it is slow release (12hrly dosing) or standard release which is every few hours (it's far less precise as they use it for breakthrough pain alongside slow release versions).

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    The twice a day tablet is called Diclofenac SR in a 75mg dose WCV, would you suggest a best time of day to take this?

I’ve still got no pain after 8 hours but I’ve just eaten my evening meal so I’m wondering whether to take it now as a precaution if the hospital dose is going to wear off?

And would you suggest me taking the 2 x Co-codomol 30mg/500mg at the same time?

Sorry to ask but the literature provided is a bit ambiguous and not easy for a lay person/thick fk like me to decipher?

One other thing, would you be suggesting I do all the exercise routines suggested for rehab straight away today or leaving it until tomorrow?

Cheers both, your wisdom is much appreciated?

Stay online all night, you might be needed!🤣

Don'exercise today Mick

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Don'exercise today Mick
    No not exercise Lloyd, I’m asking about the rehab exercises I’ve been given to do.

I really don’t feel like doing them today but I’m asking our resident medical experts for their opinion?

I wasn’t planning on a 5 mile run tonight mate!🤣

The twice a day tablet is called Diclofenac SR in a 75mg dose WCV, would you suggest a best time of day to take this?

I’ve still got no pain after 8 hours but I’ve just eaten my evening meal so I’m wondering whether to take it now as a precaution if the hospital dose is going to wear off?

And would you suggest me taking the 2 x Co-codomol 30mg/500mg at the same time?

Sorry to ask but the literature provided is a bit ambiguous and not easy for a lay person/thick fk like me to decipher?

One other thing, would you be suggesting I do all the exercise routines suggested for rehab straight away today or leaving it until tomorrow?

Cheers both, your wisdom is much appreciated?

Stay online all night, you might be needed!��
    Diclo is for inflamation and pain relief but usually take them on a full stomac. Pain thresh hold is very differentl for each person. They are prescribed for you just in case. But if you are not in pain I would't bother for now. But as we say better to have them to be looking for them. They usually act within a half hour of been taken so keep by the bed side. But eat something first like a banana.
    The other ones are for more severe pain...2 x Co-codomol 30mg/500mg....hopefully wou won't need them. You will know by tomorrow when the surgery drugs have worn off.
    Wouldn't do anything till any lingering inflamation has gone down or away.
    But quick mobility is the routine now. Expect some soreness for sure but nothing to impacting like running. Grass verges for now as they custion the impact.
    But easy for starters Mick.

Now where did I put my mop.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Diclo is for inflamation and pain relief but usually take them on a full stomac. Pain thresh hold is very differentl for each person. They are prescribed for you just in case. But if you are not in pain I would't bother for now. But as we say better to have them to be looking for them. They usually act within a half hour of been taken so keep by the bed side. But eat something first like a banana.
    The other ones are for more severe pain...2 x Co-codomol 30mg/500mg....hopefully wou won't need them. You will know by tomorrow when the surgery drugs have worn off.
    Wouldn't do anything till any lingering inflamation has gone down or away.
    But quick mobility is the routine now. Expect some soreness for sure but nothing to impacting like running. Grass verges for now as they custion the impact.
    But easy for starters Mick.

Now where did I put my mop.....
    Thanks Dubs.

It’s quite confusing because the Co-codamol have paracetamol in them so I presume you can’t take both at the same time?

I think the Diclo is instead of Ibruprofen but I’m only finding this out by Googling, I think my exit from the surgery could’ve been better explained tbh.

I wasn’t told when to start rehab either, I sort of feel like I should be doing now but in reality I’ve only done a bit and I’ve mainly moved around the house and then sat with leg slightly elevated and done some 20 minute icing sessions.

I intend to start more rigorous rehab exercises over the weekend.

Thanks for the advice.

Thanks Dubs.

It’s quite confusing because the Co-codamol have paracetamol in them so I presume you can’t take both at the same time?

I think the Diclo is instead of Ibruprofen but I’m only finding this out by Googling, I think my exit from the surgery could’ve been better explained tbh.

I wasn’t told when to start rehab either, I sort of feel like I should be doing now but in reality I’ve only done a bit and I’ve mainly moved around the house and then sat with leg slightly elevated and done some 20 minute icing sessions.

I intend to start more rigorous rehab exercises over the weekend.

Thanks for the advice.
    If you really want to know how you are, let the inflamation go down and hold off on pain tablets. If pain comes roaring back then hold off on rehab.
    Time cant be prescribed but it is very important. You wont lose much fitness in a day or two.
    They should have prescribed you some "Chill Pills".
    Joking.
    Have a restful night and review tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    If you really want to know how you are, let the inflamation go down and hold off on pain tablets. If pain comes roaring back then hold off on rehab.
    Time cant be prescribed but it is very important. You wont lose much fitness in a day or two.
    They should have prescribed you some "Chill Pills".
    Joking.
    Have a restful night and review tomorrow.
    Cheers Dubs.

Losing fitness isn’t an issue, I’ve been unable to do anything for three months so my a r se resembles a string shopping bag and my thighs and calves are the same width, Stephen Hawking was a finer physical specimen than I am at present!

Hope you’re back to full fit soon, Mick, and that you get back to running. I haven’t been able to run for some years now and really miss it, so I do hope that you can pick it up again. Just don’t rush it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)