+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: WBA53 match thread

My point on an earlier thread was that if the football served up in the first half of many away games was down to Pulis, Pardew or Bruce, all would have got pelters, Corberran gets off very lightly at times, overall he’s done a fantastic job with many restraints, but his Achilles heel as with many a coaches is the inability and stubbornness to see the obvious at times.
    It has to be said despite us being 5th ( a major achievement) the style of football is slow, irritating and very boring indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    My point on an earlier thread was that if the football served up in the first half of many away games was down to Pulis, Pardew or Bruce, all would have got pelters, Corberran gets off very lightly at times, overall he’s done a fantastic job with many restraints, but his Achilles heel as with many a coaches is the inability and stubbornness to see the obvious at times.
    It has to be said despite us being 5th ( a major achievement) the style of football is slow, irritating and very boring indeed
    He gets plenty of criticism. Some of it justified. Some of it not. Exactly the same with any manager I can remember us having.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Perhaps he is playing in a way that best suits the abilities of the players at his disposal?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Nobody to my acknowledge has mentioned Bruce who was dire. Carlos has been a revelation but the point being - often the football is boring and lacks style. Many don’t care if points are there like Arsenal years ago when they won most games 1-0. The football from Ipswich for example has been attractive and more entertaining. I remember fondly the style of football from Mowbray which was fast moving and still he’s a fab manager hence the achievement of Sunderland in the play offs with stylish football.

People are different. For me I like to be entertained so whilst Carlos has done a great job - we should be on the front foot from kick off with a recognised striker. I go to a lot of games and many at the matches say the same albeit their love for Albion is 100% - as it should be because they are there on match day.
    Well perhaps we only remember the good games from yesteryear. We are not dynamic for ninty minutes and perhaps are not capable of that in which case things are the way they are. I still think every game we played in the late 70's were great games, most likely were not in reality.
    I have only ever been to three Albion games in my whole life time and that was back in the 1990's so I accept my opinion is total shyte to you but hey ho.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Well perhaps we only remember the good games from yesteryear. We are not dynamic for ninty minutes and perhaps are not capable of that in which case things are the way they are. I still think every game we played in the late 70's were great games, most likely were not in reality.
    I have only ever been to three Albion games in my whole life time and that was back in the 1990's so I accept my opinion is total shyte to you but hey ho.

Every opinion is valued but do Ipswich or Coventry or Sunderland in last years play offs play unstylish football for a good proportion of many matches? No! I acknowledge Carlos is doing a great job but have to say ( as do many who go to the games ) it’s not easy on the eye at many games. Yesterday we had one chance and it was a penalty. I am critical of Carlos though for accommodating Wallace who has been consistently poor of late! If Wallace is a striker then Adam Reach should play for Barcelona!

Just because someone who even goes to matches is critical it does not mean they don’t feel Carlos is doing a good job or they love the Albion.

I don’t get either why Fellows does not start or we don’t start on the front foot.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Every opinion is valued but do Ipswich or Coventry or Sunderland in last years play offs play unstylish football for a good proportion of many matches? No! I acknowledge Carlos is doing a great job but have to say ( as do many who go to the games ) it’s not easy on the eye at many games. Yesterday we had one chance and it was a penalty. I am critical of Carlos though for accommodating Wallace who has been consistently poor of late! If Wallace is a striker then Adam Reach should play for Barcelona!

Just because someone who even goes to matches is critical it does not mean they don’t feel Carlos is doing a good job or they love the Albion.

I don’t get either why Fellows does not start or we don’t start on the front foot.
    Start strong or finish strong?
    I am happier finishing strong but some games dictate a different approach. As Carlos studies videos of games a lot, I too am perplexed as to our very poor first half general play on a regular bases.
    For what reason (if any) I am at a loss to explain. That said, we are showing good strength in the run in thus far and appear to be getting the results by hook or by crook.
    Lets hope it continues for the remainder and get a crack at the play offs.

I think opposing teams ought to do the decent thing and not bother with stuff like training in the run up to games with us or setting game plans to negate ours.

The Championship would be much more fun and the games would be far more entertaining if the pesky w@nchors just rolled over and let us play through them.

I'm so angry about this that once I've crushed this grape I'm going to write to my useless lump of a Member of Parliament and complain. Carlos OUT! And he can take that fully fit centre forward we haven't got with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    I think opposing teams ought to do the decent thing and not bother with stuff like training in the run up to games with us or setting game plans to negate ours.

The Championship would be much more fun and the games would be far more entertaining if the pesky w@nchors just rolled over and let us play through them.

I'm so angry about this that once I've crushed this grape I'm going to write to my useless lump of a Member of Parliament and complain. Carlos OUT! And he can take that fully fit centre forward we haven't got with him.

Sorry for the grape....

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Perhaps he is playing in a way that best suits the abilities of the players at his disposal?
    Totally agree with you one thing Carlos isn't is stupid, go back to the start of the season the first few games we conceded goals for fun because he wanted us to play higher tempo football but we weren't capable of it,we have the oldest squad in the championship that use their knowhow to stay in games long enough to know at some point we will get a chance or two that we very often take, yes it can be frustrating especially at home where teams just sit back and wait for us to make mistakes, its no coincidence our results and performances have been better against the top teams apart from Southampton.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)