+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Swindon Town [EFL L2] 29.03.24

Quote Originally Posted by MisterD View Post
    Here we go again. Pathetic by Robertson. We keep giving the ball away too.
    Listening and watching on I follow, Swindon commentators basically laughing at us.

Hard to find the words...

Compare that with the first 45 when we played Swindon at home?
    Are we sure they are playing for him? Maintaining a very basic level of professional performance - yes, but truly playing for him?

I believe we're deep into the SM end game now. That 45 shows the players should carry their share too, but that won't matter the buck always stops at the manager's draw.
    Having said that, I fancy my prediction of 1-1, wouldn't change it.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Further blushes would have been spared as it would have been an own goal if it wasn’t for the post. You can play out from the back but goodness me not in such a way that if the keeper is not there it goes in our net.
    I’m curious if we lose this today will Stuart be officially the worst manager in our history?

I have coped with Notts being crap down the years but there is no excuse for a lack of effort by so called professional footballers when people have travelled and payed money to watch it.

Bostock has been decent. He seems to be passing it a bit quicker and more in the forwards direction than usual.

Langstaff desperately needs confidence. He's snatching at things and has had the blinkers on for a few games. The ball from Crowley that the commentators said was behind him looked like it would've been perfect for McGoldrick.

Cameron has had a couple of nice surges forward. Would like to see that more from our defenders as that is supposed to be why they are in the team. It can't be any riskier than the infinite defender sideways passing doom loop.

Robertson lots of effort but not good.

Can't believe we kicked everything long last Saturday and on this pitch we are trying to pass out. I really don't know what to think. Wouldn't be surprised if we go long second half with the wind behind us and Swindon have 47 goal kicks and win 1-0.

Joking aside Swindon look **** and are quite open. A good half of football and we can actually beat these.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I've had this conversation before.we are playing the ball across the back but it's different because our wing backs are not pushing as far forward as they did..creating less space to pass out from defence.no outlets, no movement So the ball keeps being regurgitated between the centre backs and keeper. We've not been found out SM has stopped them advancing in the belief it stops teams scoring against us...!! If u think we play the same as under LM you are deluded.
    True

Just switched on to discover we've apparently gifted the lead yet again. FFS when will it end?

ETA: Just seen this comment on X about our first half... "Notts County play football like they've got a gun to their head. Petrified."

Last edited by SwalePie; 29-03-2024 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    Listening and watching on I follow, Swindon commentators basically laughing at us.
    We are the laughing stock of the division.

We lack inspiration and spark. It’s got a very end of season feel to it already and like a side not going up or down. The pitch and the weather may not be helping but it’s got to have a bit more bite to the performance.

Swindon have not done enough or created enough to be 1-0 up. It should be 0-0 but how many times has it been said in games? We just can’t seem to go a game without someone having a nightmare, a howler or a brain fart that costs us.

76% possession again. 88% pass accuracy which is higher than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    One of the most over rated new players we’ve ever had. Maybe ok next to some of the dross he’s played with but to me he’s been average.

Not a regular starter in a promotion chasing team.
    Robertson just going through the motions, McGoldrick looking unfit would probably be better bringing on Jatta, Bostock not really involved. Poor performance yet again, Don't fancy our chances againt M K Dons Monday

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast