+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Swindon Town [EFL L2] 29.03.24

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    He was definitely at fault for the first one. His position beyond the back post was not where he should of been. Given the style Notts play he should of been on the near post available for Robertsons pass. This is how Notts play.
    He'd ****ed off because he cannot think under pressure. Remember Wembley. Mentally weak. Not the only one but to say he wasnt at fault is ludicrous
    Completely agree. Badly at fault for both goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Smigpie View Post
    It amazes me that the coaching staff can’t see that we can’t play that style of play and it causes us to make mistakes. We haven’t the players with the skills required and that’s no detriment to them as it the coaches that decide the style of play and the players are obviously not happy playing that way.
    We can't play that style at a higher level than last year. Even last year it was high risk, but we backed ourselves to score loads, which we did.

The thread comparing the 2021 team made me think, mainly about four at the back. A Graeme Lee type player alongside the creative, mostly v good (but admittedly prone to catastrophic errors) Baldwin would work well imho, with Cameron as a LB where he is surely better suited (he did well today going forward). The challenge would be to get the right level of fluidity in midfield to deliver the exciting, brand value adding, football the owners want. Three at the back with the open way we play just won't work at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyretfordpie View Post
    yes, he was clearly at fault for the 2nd goal but not for the first. The way we play the ball across the back is incredible pressure for any goalkeeper and all keepers make mistakes, look at Jordan Pickford! I just hate the way certain fans on here jump on the same players like Slocombe and Nemane with such vitriol, it makes me ashamed to be a Notts fan. Some of the comments today saying Slocombe should leave now are ludicrous. He was man of the match a couple of games ago ffs

I very very rarely criticise our players, I love this club and have done for 55 years, they have been part of my life. But there comes a time when you have to face the truth, some are not good enough. As for ffs, your comment, not mine.

waiting for the pass across goal which is how we play contrary to your note below. And he's right footed. Of course if Robertson is short sighted and can't pass water then he should have adapted

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    He was definitely at fault for the first one. His position beyond the back post was not where he should of been. Given the style Notts play he should've been on the near post available for Robertsons pass. This is how Notts play.
    He'd ****ed off because he cannot think under pressure. Remember Wembley. Mentally weak. Not the only one but to say he wasn't at fault is ludicrous
    At last. There was no need for SS to be that far to the right of his goal. I know he was making himself available for the all singing all friggin dance possession ball but Robbo had other options, yes Robbo SHOULD have looked and not expected SS to be where he thought he was but ffs Sam!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    'Was he trying to pass back to Sam?' has got to be one of the most stupid post-match questions ever.

Which is down to the style of play, we invite teams on to us.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    'Was he trying to pass back to Sam?' has got to be one of the most stupid post-match questions ever.
    That's probably why the screenshot should have a speach bubble for KC saying "Are you taking the pizz?).

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    At last. There was no need for SS to be that far to the right of his goal. I know he was making himself available for the all singing all friggin dance possession ball but Robbo had other options, yes Robbo SHOULD have looked and not expected SS to be where he thought he was but ffs Sam!
    How the hell is it Slocambes fault, robinson should have surely looked before the back pass, thats just basic stuff
    Also this is totally on recruitment they knew they needed a better goal keeper for L2 and slocambe was told he was a number 2 basically, yet here slocambe still is because the others were worse, again hardly slocambes fault

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast