+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Swindon Town [EFL L2] 29.03.24

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Looks like nobody else has bothered, so here's today's team:

MK dons 16/11 to beat Notts on Monday.
    Put £200 on you’ll get £490 back to buy ya missus a nice treat.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Well, what do you think of Slocombe now ?
    yes, he was clearly at fault for the 2nd goal but not for the first. The way we play the ball across the back is incredible pressure for any goalkeeper and all keepers make mistakes, look at Jordan Pickford! I just hate the way certain fans on here jump on the same players like Slocombe and Nemane with such vitriol, it makes me ashamed to be a Notts fan. Some of the comments today saying Slocombe should leave now are ludicrous. He was man of the match a couple of games ago ffs

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    MK dons 16/11 to beat Notts on Monday.
    Put £200 on you’ll get £490 back to buy ya missus a nice treat.
    Instead, put your £200 on at 8/5 (William Hill, Coral, Ladbrokes)

Then you'll get £520 back.

It amazes me that the coaching staff can’t see that we can’t play that style of play and it causes us to make mistakes. We haven’t the players with the skills required and that’s no detriment to them as it the coaches that decide the style of play and the players are obviously not happy playing that way.

Sounds like our worst "performance" of the season - and that is up against some pretty stiff competition.

Monday is going to be fun.... Gawd help us!

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Not very often we agree but you are spot on with this.
    You will be voting Labour next😂

Quote Originally Posted by M0ufMk3 View Post
    Well I still think he was not at fault for the first goal and appallingly at fault for the second. Unfortunately he is probably the best of the three we have which says more about the recruitment given that his weaknesses are perfectly aligned to our preferred way of playing.
    He was definitely at fault for the first one. His position beyond the back post was not where he should of been. Given the style Notts play he should've been on the near post available for Robertsons pass. This is how Notts play.
    He'd ****ed off because he cannot think under pressure. Remember Wembley. Mentally weak. Not the only one but to say he wasn't at fault is ludicrous
    Last edited by SwalePie; 29-03-2024 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M0ufMk3 View Post
    Well I still think he was not at fault for the first goal and appallingly at fault for the second. Unfortunately he is probably the best of the three we have which says more about the recruitment given that his weaknesses are perfectly aligned to our preferred way of playing.
    Slocombe was away on the far post for the first goal, as I recall. What was he doing there?

On the whole I don’t think the style of play costs us usually that much, chances are given away every week in week out in the premiership. What’s costing us now is we’re just a soft touch, an opposition manger just says when you do get the ball, get it out wide and hit their box. We literally haven’t got one combative CB, add in covering WBs that are basically wingers and basically you’re done. The owners just need to sort the squad out.

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast