+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Swindon Town [EFL L2] 29.03.24

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I know and it will be SM who goes, but the message from higher up should be you’ve let the manager down, the fans down and us else where do you go with some of these players.
    I've had a 'blasting the players post' in my head for a while now, for when the inevitable happened....but I'm going to drop that. As many have remarked, in the main they have tried over the last 13 games, and maintained minimum professional standards. It goes back to a badly misguided appointment in the first place, and a total lack of motivation and inspiration. We just need him gone, and let's start again.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    If the brothers lose interest after having their project fail to miserably on them, then I wouldn't be surprised if it were us.

Who on earth is going to put up an extra £16+ million, on top of what it would take to buy the club, to service our debts, if they decide they've had enough?
    The project hasnt failed. Do you think they really thought we would go up. Yes they may have done at the end of Nov but not pre season. They are learning. It will be sinking in that their model requires technically better players, players with more heart, players mentally strong enough to play proffessional football. They also have to adapt the style to some degree to suit the environment of league two.
    Summer recruitment is *****, as is releasing of players not good enough.
    Maynard has turned out to be a mistake.
    A new manager, who knows this league but can compromise on the model cannot be impossible to find.
    They would have probaly thought 3 seasons in Div 2 before promotion secured a reasonable objective, not one.
    Its been an eye opener for them and us as fans.
    What they need to do now is act like businesmen and make the tough decisions.
    If Maynard is here Monday and we lose, it will be impossible for the Bros not to listen to the fans.
    Hopefully, they can reach a mutual agreement for him to go this evening or tomorrow.
    Genuinely, for his sake. I do feel it will be as vitriolic as ML can be at 5pm on Monday if we are beaten

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    If the brothers lose interest after having their project fail to miserably on them, then I wouldn't be surprised if it were us.

Who on earth is going to put up an extra £16+ million, on top of what it would take to buy the club, to service our debts, if they decide they've had enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    The project hasnt failed. Do you think they really thought we would go up. Yes they may have done at the end of Nov but not pre season. They are learning. It will be sinking in that their model requires technically better players, players with more heart, players mentally strong enough to play proffessional football. They also have to adapt the style to some degree to suit the environment of league two.
    Summer recruitment is *****, as is releasing of players not good enough.
    Maynard has turned out to be a mistake.
    A new manager, who knows this league but can compromise on the model cannot be impossible to find.
    They would have probaly thought 3 seasons in Div 2 before promotion secured a reasonable objective, not one.
    Its been an eye opener for them and us as fans.
    What they need to do now is act like businesmen and make the tough decisions.
    If Maynard is here Monday and we lose, it will be impossible for the Bros not to listen to the fans.
    Hopefully, they can reach a mutual agreement for him to go this evening or tomorrow.
    Genuinely, for his sake. I do feel it will be as vitriolic as ML can be at 5pm on Monday if we are beaten
    I agree with all that, its just be released that Wrexhams wage bill was 6 million quid a year the last accounting period, think ours was around 2m, clubs at this level are spending.
    We need physicality in the side now, we’re just too vulnerable, we have no one that consistently wins 50-50s and teams know it.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I've had the feeling since we replaced Ardley with Burchnall that it will end in tears for these owners and they will leave being compared at this level to the dark days of The Trust.

Getting a club this size out of tier 5 at the 4th attempt is hardly something to be grateful for, that was the least anybody could do.
    It's at this level we get to see what they actually have to offer.

Tonight we are 16th.

Sutton United finished 8th in their first season after going up from the NL with no previous experience in the EFL and gates of 3k
    Cut the arrogance out clubs our size and bigger have spent 4 years plus in NL.

We were an absolute mess when they took over then Covid struck which lets be right wasnt real football.

They are NOTHING like the trust at all and as I told Durham about LW being top class when he went if these owners go we are bang in trouble mark my words on that.

If they left tomorrow they will have done a good job as they have left us in a better place than they found us.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    And where’s that going to come from as it’s taken 13 games to get 4 points upto now?
    He has 2 wins so more than 4 points.

We not need that point as those bottom teams not win every game.

Next season is the worry especially if he is charge.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyretfordpie View Post
    Slocombe was not at fault at all before all the Slocombe haters jump on the bandwagon. It was an horrendous back pack which hit the post then where Slocombe was then came back out with the goal at his mercy. Shocking performance with Bostock giving it away so many times and both him and McGoldrick looking everyone of their years. We just look absolutely clueless

Well, what do you think of Slocombe now ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... simple cross played in ... guess what...goal! Most playing 3,4,5 touch - amateurs! That's not SM's fault. Some of you really are blind ...
    Yes the players are in the main playing **** but Maynard doesn't have it in him to turn this around. There's also the strange choices in positions, starting players and subs. He's not got the personality to get this lot going. Notts have always done best with strong leaders Sirrel, Warnock, Allerdyce, Williams. All strong individuals, that's what we need as a club, we are normally abit wet and weak otherwise.

And there's no way anyone should want these owners gone, they're learning on the job and will have taken alot from this season so they are more than entitled to mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Of course it's Maynard's fault you halfwit.

You do realise he's the one coaching them?

Not very often we agree but you are spot on with this.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Well, what do you think of Slocombe now ?
    Well I still think he was not at fault for the first goal and appallingly at fault for the second. Unfortunately he is probably the best of the three we have which says more about the recruitment given that his weaknesses are perfectly aligned to our preferred way of playing.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast