+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Swindon Town [EFL L2] 29.03.24

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    The owners gave Ardley a further 2 years to turn things around after he'd taken us out of the Football League. I can't see them sacking Maynard unless the fans make their feelings known inside the ground, but like Ardley, everybody seems to be feeling sorry for him because "he's a nice man".
    If we lose today and Monday I'm sure the fans will make their feelings known inside the ground, and make them known very loudly and very clearly.

It could be very unpleasant.

The owners gave Ardley a further 2 years to turn things around after he'd taken us out of the Football League. I can't see them sacking Maynard unless the fans make their feelings known inside the ground, but like Ardley, everybody seems to be feeling sorry for him because "he's a nice man".
    They did but that was totally different circumstances plus Ardley had a track record so you can understand it.

This guy took over in the play offs and we are dropping like a stone.

Its not just the results its the performances and lack of a plan.

He not be here next season if this carries on its too much of a risk and the PPG record is worse than FGR / Sutton.

Only caught the last 15 minutes of the first half but looks as if they're doing a chuckle brothers impersonation on the ball.

The football style only works if you have fast movement off the ball and *******s on it. We don't appear too bothered to do either.

I probably don't need to remind people of this stat but we've gone in losing at HT 11 times this season and gone on to lose 10 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    We lack inspiration and spark. It’s got a very end of season feel to it already and like a side not going up or down. The pitch and the weather may not be helping but it’s got to have a bit more bite to the performance.

Swindon have not done enough or created enough to be 1-0 up. It should be 0-0 but how many times has it been said in games? We just can’t seem to go a game without someone having a nightmare, a howler or a brain fart that costs us.

76% possession again. 88% pass accuracy which is higher than I thought.
    Absolutely this.

Yes,I find it remarkable that fans are not calling for his head.The bloke is a complete tosser.

That was a dreadful half. No energy, lack of tempo, devoid of creativity. Swindon look average. How have we deteriorated so much?

In fairness, it's the usual story of us missing a sitter and following it up with a gift for them.

Quote Originally Posted by M0ufMk3 View Post
    Sounds slightly harsh on Slocombe, it was a terrible back pass. Just poor, scrambled thinking. I did wonder towards the end of Luke's tenure how much 'coaching' there was in terms of players' decision making and how much was actually 'telling' them which doesn't help them to think for effectively for themselves under pressure
    Slocombe was not at fault at all before all the Slocombe haters jump on the bandwagon. It was an horrendous back pack which hit the post then where Slocombe was then came back out with the goal at his mercy. Shocking performance with Bostock giving it away so many times and both him and McGoldrick looking everyone of their years. We just look absolutely clueless

Quote Originally Posted by Smigpie View Post
    Sticking with this manager and style of play will cost the brothers a lot of money, it’s league 2 ffs we are not Man City, know your limitations and levels your playing at.
    Absolutely.

This game so far has told me that Cameron is a left back, and potentially a good one. Not a LCB or CB. Get Bostock further forward where he can do damage to them. Robertson is struggling with the pitch - it's **** so some forgiveness (but agree with BFP that he's overrated because he's not been as poor as the others). We need to be careful in the second half that we don't overhit it, and Nemane needs a quick ht lesson in dynamics and wind effects otherwise we may as well just pass it for goal kick

McGoldrick playing is a bad joke, he is definitely not fit so we are playing with 10 men - just a crazy management decision, if he’s not subbed at half the manager should just leave the ground and go home.

Cue a 2nd had McGoldrick hat-trick 🤷*♂️

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast