+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Swindon Town [EFL L2] 29.03.24

Quote Originally Posted by eastwoodmagpie View Post
    Just had another look at the Swindon first goal, and though it was mainly Robertsons fault, you could see Baldwin could have at least put some kind of effort in being with the player who scored, Seems he's not bothered at all would, not play him against MKD
    Just what I thought, one minutes he's closely marking him the next he's walking over without a care while the player he was marking seconds earlier scores unmarked!! Get rid!

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Watch it again and again - he was caught out by the rebound off the post because he was facing away from the goal blocking the swindon player who was facing the goal and so saw the ball bounce off the post so he reacted quicker - so Baldwin not to blame.
    Did he not think there was a reason the Swidon player he was marking ran towards the goal?? He hasn't a care in the world as he scores!

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Just what I thought, one minutes he's closely marking him the next he's walking over without a care while the player he was marking seconds earlier scores unmarked!! Get rid!
    My guess with Baldwin is he’s been offered a contract and turned it down and probably just lost hope now on the season.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Did he not think there was a reason the Swidon player he was marking ran towards the goal?? He hasn't a care in the world as he scores!
    Baldwin could not possibly have seen the ball bounce off the post - he was marking his man as he should have been, as the swindon player saw the ball bounce, he had a huge advantage, Look again, as said before, not down to Baldwin.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Baldwin could not possibly have seen the ball bounce off the post - he was marking his man as he should have been, as the swindon player saw the ball bounce, he had a huge advantage, Look again, as said before, not down to Baldwin.
    Goal not down to Baldwin but he just showed no fight in regaining the ball, he should have at least put a challenge in. No fight in him, which to me shows he's not one to keep.

I think the goals we conceded have to go down to our tactics rather than individuals. It took me a while to get on board with the passing around our own box thing, but eventually I did because I saw it was effective. We made the occasional howler, but the goals we scored more than made up for the errors. They don't any more, although I only saw the highlights against Swindon it seems they created very little. They took the points because our tactics created their goals for them. Whether this obsession with possession comes from the owners or the manager, it needs a big rethink in the short term at least. It's currently creating more chances for the opposition than it creates for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think the goals we conceded have to go down to our tactics rather than individuals. It took me a while to get on board with the passing around our own box thing, but eventually I did because I saw it was effective. We made the occasional howler, but the goals we scored more than made up for the errors. They don't any more, although I only saw the highlights against Swindon it seems they created very little. They took the points because our tactics created their goals for them. Whether this obsession with possession comes from the owners or the manager, it needs a big rethink in the short term at least. It's currently creating more chances for the opposition than it creates for us.
    I agree with this I’m a fan of the style as I believe it does work.

The issue is knowing when to go long I’m sure the coach doesn’t ever say you must keep doing it if in trouble you see it with Stones or Van Djik they pass the ball but at times they just know when to go long and that is two of the very best in England.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930