+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 Strikers Competition

[QUOTE=Millmoordays;40478053]Not possible.[/QUOT

Lol

Mark Druce, John Dungworth, Tony Simmons ( after he signed on a perm)

Druce, Peel, Bos,, Evans. Ian Henderson was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    No Hugill and any era…..

Week 4 Eaves….Week 12 Eaves…..Week 17 Eaves
    Not a big fan of either they are both crap and I would be very happy to see neither of them in a Rotherham United shirt again, but on this season’s stats

Eaves 4 goals, 201 minutes per goal.
    Hugill 3 goals, 755 minutes per goal

In actually doing what a striker is supposed to do which is score goals Eaves has been far more effective.

Neither have contributed to overall play very well with Hugill either falling on to his arse or committing GBH on the opposing centre half, whilst Eaves runs around like a constipated donkey.

Going back to IBS’s original question I’m struggling to come up with 3 worse, because whilst we’ve had plenty worthy of consideration, I can’t remember any showing the total lack of effort of this season’s candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by MAMiller View Post
    Druce, Peel, Bos,, Evans. Ian Henderson was a joke.
    Well that’s 5,but a little unfair on Henderson.wr woeful team at time.(akin to this season)only young 19 at time,his goalscoring record since is not too shabby,roughy math 1 in every 3 games more or less in last 10 years,albeit at a lower level granted.

Quote Originally Posted by a123 View Post
    Not a big fan of either they are both crap and I would be very happy to see neither of them in a Rotherham United shirt again, but on this season’s stats

Eaves 4 goals, 201 minutes per goal.
    Hugill 3 goals, 755 minutes per goal

In actually doing what a striker is supposed to do which is score goals Eaves has been far more effective.

Neither have contributed to overall play very well with Hugill either falling on to his arse or committing GBH on the opposing centre half, whilst Eaves runs around like a constipated donkey.

Going back to IBS’s original question I’m struggling to come up with 3 worse, because whilst we’ve had plenty worthy of consideration, I can’t remember any showing the total lack of effort of this season’s candidates.
    a123, I'll counter that with the fact Eaves never scored a solitary goal last season so, it's taken him almost two seasons to score 4 goals! Hugill is not much better but has scored 8 goals in almost two seasons. Like you say, both are crap!

Hugill played 52 - scored 8

Eaves played 43 - scored 4

Absolute disgusting returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    a123, I'll counter that with the fact Eaves never scored a solitary goal last season so, it's taken him almost two seasons to score 4 goals! Hugill is not much better but has scored 8 goals in almost two seasons. Like you say, both are crap!

Hugill played 52 - scored 8

Eaves played 43 - scored 4

Absolute disgusting returns.
    Those stats are misleading though, most of Hugills appearances have been starts, Eaves has generally played the odd 5 or 10 mins, I bet Hugill has played 4 or 5 times as many minutes as Eaves. That’s not to say they both haven’t been poor, although the service they’ve had has been non existent to be fair to them.

Just to put a bit of balance to the Hugill / Eaves opinions, whilst they haven’t been great they’ve both had decent careers when playing for other teams with better players. Our Achilles heel is the inability to get forward and support the front two. It died a death when Ben Wiles left…one of many bad decisions. So they’re isolated vs 2/3 quality CB,s and there’s only ever going to be one winner

I suspect both Hugill / Eaves wished they had joined another club too.
    Last edited by flourbasher; 30-03-2024 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Those stats are misleading though, most of Hugills appearances have been starts, Eaves has generally played the odd 5 or 10 mins, I bet Hugill has played 4 or 5 times as many minutes as Eaves. That’s not to say they both haven’t been poor, although the service they’ve had has been non existent to be fair to them.
    MS, Fair points.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Just to put a bit of balance to the Hugill / Eaves opinions, whilst they haven’t been great they’ve both had decent careers when playing for other teams with better players. Our Achilles heel is the inability to get forward and support the from two. It died a death when Ben Wiles left…one of many bad decisions. So they’re isolated vs 2/3 quality CB,s and there’s only ever going to be one winner

I suspect both Hugill / Eaves wished they had joined another club too.
    Flour, there's no removing the fact, we have failed ALL our forwards with lack of width and wing support this season, something that needs recruitment to investigate and support in readiness for next season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast