+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Maynard out

He has to go, now and put JOB in charge until the rest of the season from MKD onwards, with no pressure.

Just to add a bit of balance, I feel for SM in some ways as it is obvious he wasn’t first choice (if he was then the Brothers need to go to) I’ll say it … the brothers need to up their game to, underestimating this league, piss poor recruitment have been major mistakes, most of us saw last season the frailties defensively but they were ignored interestingly the constant posts we had from certain posters about how much possession we had in matches have mysteriously stopped. As I said many times you can have as much possession as you want but it’s the end result that matters and that’s about having experienced management in place that knows the environment they are in. The next appointment is critical and not another one of the brothers’Lucky Dips’ like in player recruitment… anyone seen Morias these days? Whoever decided to sign a player while he was injured also needs sacking.
    Last edited by keldsyke; 29-03-2024 at 05:46 PM.

Think Fans will need to know who is the manager for next season before season tickets are on offer, Because if Maynard is still here people will not part with their money so easily. I do think some players have really let him down though. I would not like him here next season far to long to get the ball forward with his way of playing.

Wouldn't be surprised now if he loses the next 4, is still here, then we beat two sides who get relegated to the NL in the last two games to convince enough people to renew season tickets and be excited for the new season.
    It's very much now looking like the next change of levels for Notts will be back down to tier 5.

We paid compensation to get SM, will the owners have the balls to admit that they got it wrong? I'm not so sure despite all the evidence that SM is not the right choice.

Can anyone tell me if it's not mathematically possible for us to get relegated this season? I am really started to get worried.

Not much to add. Horrible match sums up his time with us. I would love to know what mentoring he has received from within the club? Maybe a few chats with Stall would have helped! But for Notts and him this should be an end to it.

Always amazed at the keenness of some people to start having a go at these particular owners. What kind of warped minds can turn so easily and quickly on some guys that literally saved the club from extinction and brought us back to the football league having had to basically rebuild the whole infrastructure and playing squad.

People moaning that it took them four seasons to get promoted in what has historically been the toughest NL ever, conveniently forgetting it took Wrexham and many others far longer to escape.

So, they’ve made a poor appointment in Stuart Maynard, I think they can be forgiven for that considering what they have already done for the club….cant they? The season is done, the owners have earned the right and respect to handle this situation as they see fit.

Some of the abuse they and the manager are getting is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Always amazed at the keenness of some people to start having a go at these particular owners. What kind of warped minds can turn so easily and quickly on some guys that literally saved the club from extinction and brought us back to the football league having had to basically rebuild the whole infrastructure and playing squad.

People moaning that it took them four seasons to get promoted in what has historically been the toughest NL ever, conveniently forgetting it took Wrexham and many others far longer to escape.

So, they’ve made a poor appointment in Stuart Maynard, I think they can be forgiven for that considering what they have already done for the club….cant they? The season is done, the owners have earned the right and respect to handle this situation as they see fit.

Couldn’t agree more. All football fans are fickle but Notts fans are particularly embarrassing. Lack of gratitude to the owners and Luke has been a feature on here. Well, you reap what you sow.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post

Fully agree, absolutely the last thing I want is the owners to pack it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Iremongersrighthand View Post
    Can anyone tell me if it's not mathematically possible for us to get relegated this season? I am really started to get worried.
    Dont worry about that other teams not let bottom 2 win every game.

We are 100% safe.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast