+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Maynard out

I notice Boreham Wood are close to relegation in the NL, after going so close last year. Do they have the same manager?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterD View Post
    Owners ....hello....can you not see what's going on here...? Get some cojones and get rid now , find a league 2 quality manager , lose some dross and SORT IT OUT. Crowds will be down , revenue down ...what are you doing ? Notts fans thought you knew what you were doing??
    This is the first really bad run under the Bros - be interesting to see if they talk to the media before the end of the season. It might be wise for them to do a fan forum and review why this season started so brightly and turned into a ****show - reflect on what they’ve learned and why fans should renew season tickets for next season. Otherwise it’s going to be a very hard sell when early bird prices are announced next month.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Is it me are there suddenly lot of new posters on here.
    It's not just you. New posters are always welcome, as long as they don't bring the Twitter level of hysteria on here.

Our own brand of hysteria has worked pretty well so far!

I said it a few weeks ago, i'm starting to believe the club will be up for sale in the summer. I'm not a betting man but if i were, my money would be on Notts being a NL club in 18 months time. I believe the reason they haven't sacked him is because they're thinking of throwing in the towel. Most likely get a few million for the likes of Langstaff, Jones ect plus the sale money and focus on the Danish club they're now a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It's worth remembering that both Trew and Hardy were very popular in the first part of their reigns, but both left as villains. I can't see the Reedtz brothers going the same way, but they are at a crossroads now. Everything they have done suggests they are in it for the long haul, but they have a huge decision to make about Maynard. I hope they get it right.
    It's "Life of Brian" syndrome I'm afraid.
    Scardino, The Trews and Hardy all actively encouraged it, so I had no sympathy for them whatsoever. The current owners haven't done anything much to either encourage or warrant this level of delusion. I just hope they have the sense to recognise when they've taken us as far as they can and sell up before it turns seriously ugly and puts the club back in danger of dropping out of the EFL. Not saying that time is now, but we all know how this scene eventually plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    I said it a few weeks ago, i'm starting to believe the club will be up for sale in the summer. I'm not a betting man but if i were, my money would be on Notts being a NL club in 18 months time. I believe the reason they haven't sacked him is because they're thinking of throwing in the towel. Most likely get a few million for the likes of Langstaff, Jones ect plus the sale money and focus on the Danish club they're now a part of.
    They fully own Notts, they partially own Viborg, why would they chuck Notts with all the say for a part way in Viborg. Got to say, you have very really got anything right when you claim to be ITK as well.

They went for Maynard because apparently he has a similar style of play to LW. It hasn't worked out and they will most likely replace him very soon. You don't plan on selling a club whilst simultaneously also building a fan park amongst other investments, you are an utter drama queen

Can't agree, I think the owners are genuine and in it for the long haul.

I just hope they can hold their hands up and say "we got this one wrong".

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    They went for Maynard because apparently he has a similar style of play to LW.
    I can see the logic behind their decision to appoint Maynard. Their philosophy is based on finding untapped talent rather than splashing the cash, and Maynard did overachieve with Wealdstone. That philosophy worked with the likes of Langstaff and Williams, but I can't see it working with Maynard. They have to admit it has failed, get rid, and learn from the experience.

Absolutely no chance. Ive followed football for a long time and witnessed some unpredictable events but my instinct tells me they are not going anywhere. They don't see this in the same way as most football related people. I am a betting man and would bet heavily on them still owning the club in 10 years time and beyond. What they could get for selling a few players is peanuts compared to their investment. Its not about the money for them, they will be billionaires in their lifetime. This is a longterm project of strategy and honour to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It's not just you. New posters are always welcome, as long as they don't bring the Twitter level of hysteria on here.

Our own brand of hysteria has worked pretty well so far!
    I wonder which one is Laddo ??

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast