+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Maynard out

I have two different theories on the Owners.

1. They bought the club just after it had dropped out of the Football League following several years of struggle and when they purchased the club they didn't fully realize the size of the club, they thought we are "a Rochdale or S****horpe type club" where they felt that we were generally a struggling League 2 club but with a big ground. They knew that Notts would generally always be near the top of the National League and were not overly fussed about how long it would take for Notts to get back into the League. They've already admitted more than once that they've been surprised by our attendances which have grown steadily since Covid and have been frankly remarkable this season rarely dipping under 10,000. They also under estimated League 2 as they themselves said at the last fans forum in November they thought our budget would be higher in relation to other clubs in the division.

2. My other theory is that (whilst they would never admit this publicly) they privately feel very let down by Luke Williams. They believed he would stay at the club until we reached League One and LW leaving at the time he did has made it very difficult for them. Obviously they had to appoint SOMEONE as Manager/Head Coach but the timing made it very difficult. They appointed Maynard because there was no one else they could realistically get or agree to come.

What I will also say is that I am very grateful for their continued investment but they do need to realize that this "sustainable" talk is unrealistic at the moment at least until they reach League One. They've been a huge improvement on the Trew and Hardy reigns but that certainly does not mean they're faultless. They need to do some hard thinking over the next few months because it's pivotal they make the right decisions.
    What would I do in their position? Well I would delay putting next season's season tickets on sale until after the end of this one and I would remove Maynard and Montague once the season ends. They need to bring in a manager who preferably will be proven, no more daft experiments. It simply hasn't worked out with Maynard and they are to blame as much as him.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    This is 100% bs. Notts fans are no different from any other set of fans, probably better because of the nonsense we constantly have to put up with. I’m not sure who’s reaping what they’ve sowed here. The owners have been great generally but they went off piste with Maynard’s appointment, it’s not worked and they need to put it right.
    Let’s just cut the BS. How anyone is defending this manager is beyond me.
    Football is a result based business and if you don’t cut it you’re sacked.
    Maynard is now officially the worst manager in our history and officially worse that Fullerton, now let that hit home that’s how bad we are now.
    Forget the ****e about what he’s inherited he had January to make a little difference and he didn’t and some of his tactical decisions and starting selections are woeful.
    Has to go end of or if he’s here next year we will be relegated.
    Like I’ve said previously if most the bet wettters and happy clappers did the talking with there feet then the owners may take notice and act.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Absolute rubbish

Stockport, Wrexham and Chesterfield all spent much more than we did. You conveniently forget that Ardley had us firing just at the right time….(which turned out to be the wrong time because of covid)…..and we missed out on promotion in the playoff final. Burchnall wasn’t a disaster and we enjoyed some wonderful performances at Meadow Lane. LW was another improvement upon Burchnall as well. So out of the four managerial decisions they have made three of them have been decent if not a success.

If you haven’t seen the other abuse the owners, and even Maynard, have been receiving then I’m happy for you but if you’re not willing to let them make one mistake then you need your head checking….along with the other mentalists. The owners will be fully aware they’ve made a mistake but will not rush into another one like previous owners would’ve….thankfully.
    So your saying Sutton and Barrow spent more than we did in the first 2 years dont make me laugh
    I told you Ardley and Burchnall were poor now Maynard is. Out of 4 managers they have picked only 1 that was any good
    This augument is that t we are asking them to get rid of Maynard before next season, if they do not and we struggle, it is on them nobody else , Maynard had 13 games in charge , stall said the worse of any manager this century- i think its you thats needs your heasd checking bud

Quote Originally Posted by Putney Pie View Post
    Couldn’t agree more. All football fans are fickle but Notts fans are particularly embarrassing. Lack of gratitude to the owners and Luke has been a feature on here. Well, you reap what you sow.
    Fans are also customers. Instead of expecting them to be grateful, maybe they could be shown a little more respect. They have the choice to spend money on coming to Notts or not. If the fare on offer is dire, don't be surprised if they don't turn up.

Being careless, and possibly arrogant about selecting Maynard will have consequences, but it's not too late to do something about it.

When SM is loading his car with his mates to go remember there is one more spare seat. Take Montague with ya

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    So your saying Sutton and Barrow spent more than we did in the first 2 years dont make me laugh
    I told you Ardley and Burchnall were poor now Maynard is. Out of 4 managers they have picked only 1 that was any good
    This augument is that t we are asking them to get rid of Maynard before next season, if they do not and we struggle, it is on them nobody else , Maynard had 13 games in charge , stall said the worse of any manager this century- i think its you thats needs your heasd checking bud
    You’re absolutely right, if it continues like this and the owners don’t change it then that’d be a massive mistake, obviously. What I’m saying is that they’ve earned the right through previous good decision making and good managerial appointments (we’re never going to agree on this one) to take their time before firing a manager they’ve clearly invested and believe(d) in.

In my head there is little point, right now, in firing him…and perhaps the owners agree….but who knows, another couple of losses could well make their minds up. A lot of people are mistaking patience for weakness imo. Firing and hiring a manager isn’t simple and I’m glad they’re giving him every chance to succeed, or fail, despite my feelings that he’s never going to work out at Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    We paid compensation to get SM, will the owners have the balls to admit that they got it wrong? I'm not so sure despite all the evidence that SM is not the right choice.
    Wealdstone 5 th bottom of NL , if they thought SM was over achieving ask them of we can exchange SM for the compensation paid by Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Great Post 100 % correct

How can it be 100% correct when they didn't pick Ardley?

It always works the same way on here, it's never the nice guys fault. That's why so many defended Ardley, on the basis that Hardy was the owner and he had to take ultimate responsibility.... and conversely why Thommo was made the scapegoat under the Trust.

The current owners are perceived to be nicer people than Maynard, but Maynard is nice enough for many to shift the blame onto the players.

I can't blame the players at all for being absolutely peed off for having what is now a Championship manager replaced by a part-timer telling them they were doing things wrong when they were consistently in the play off zone and above. I expect many of them will feel he is ruining them as players, ruining their careers and their chance to play higher. A lot of them probably can't wait to get out.

It's becoming very clear now that LW was single handedly holding the whole damned facade together and we're now slowly reverting back to the sort of club we'd become around the time Burchnall was in charge, only half a level higher, for the time being.

Would be interesting to see where people think we'd finish next season if they had to bet everything they owned on that position tonight.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast