+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Maynard out

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    You’re absolutely right, if it continues like this and the owners don’t change it then that’d be a massive mistake, obviously. What I’m saying is that they’ve earned the right through previous good decision making and good managerial appointments (we’re never going to agree on this one) to take their time before firing a manager they’ve clearly invested and believe(d) in.

In my head there is little point, right now, in firing him…and perhaps the owners agree….but who knows, another couple of losses could well make their minds up. A lot of people are mistaking patience for weakness imo. Firing and hiring a manager isn’t simple and I’m glad they’re giving him every chance to succeed, or fail, despite my feelings that he’s never going to work out at Notts.
    I was all for giving Mayanard a go even after the first 4 or 5 games when others had started to say he was useless - by match 9 or 10 i ageed
    The thing is Maynard had to show some sign of promise, he has shown nothing- his subs and player selection in recent games has left many fans baffled, he apperas to have no leadership abilities, and on top of that no coaching or league experience elsewhere , what has he actually achieved - mid to lower table with Wealstone The worst start as a manager this century- the writing is on the wall,
    hopefully the owners will see this and just admit they got this horribly wrong. I agree hiring another manager is not simple, but surely anybody could do better than this, and i hope they are thinking about who a replacement could be. I get that it will be hard for the owners as they always want to go for inexperienced upcoming managers, but this time surely somebody with some experience - LW had assistant manager experience 2 leagues higher

The easy answer with Maynard is 23rd and down, although 18th would probably be more like it.

A typical 'par' replacement would have us 10th, in line with the budget.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    It always works the same way on here, it's never the nice guys fault. That's why so many defended Ardley, on the basis that Hardy was the owner and he had to take ultimate responsibility.... and conversely why Thommo was made the scapegoat under the Trust.

The current owners are perceived to be nicer people than Maynard, but Maynard is nice enough for many to shift the blame onto the players.

I can't blame the players at all for being absolutely peed off for having what is now a Championship manager replaced by a part-timer telling them they were doing things wrong when they were consistently in the play off zone and above. I expect many of them will feel he is ruining them as players, ruining their careers and their chance to play higher. A lot of them probably can't wait to get out.

It's becoming very clear now that LW was single handedly holding the whole damned facade together and we're now slowly reverting back to the sort of club we'd become around the time Burchnall was in charge, only half a level higher, for the time being.

Would be interesting to see where people think we'd finish next season if they had to bet everything they owned on that position tonight.
    What must Goldie think, a player who has played at the highest level domestically & has caps for his Country being told by a BT engineer how to play the game. I said before he was appointed that he probably wouldn't have the respect of some of our players, that rumour has surfaced time & time again. I know if someone came in to a job & started preaching how to do this n that & I had far more experience than them, they would be told to go & do one. This will be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    It always works the same way on here, it's never the nice guys fault. That's why so many defended Ardley, on the basis that Hardy was the owner and he had to take ultimate responsibility.... and conversely why Thommo was made the scapegoat under the Trust.

The current owners are perceived to be nicer people than Maynard, but Maynard is nice enough for many to shift the blame onto the players.

I can't blame the players at all for being absolutely peed off for having what is now a Championship manager replaced by a part-timer telling them they were doing things wrong when they were consistently in the play off zone and above. I expect many of them will feel he is ruining them as players, ruining their careers and their chance to play higher. A lot of them probably can't wait to get out.

It's becoming very clear now that LW was single handedly holding the whole damned facade together and we're now slowly reverting back to the sort of club we'd become around the time Burchnall was in charge, only half a level higher, for the time being.

Would be interesting to see where people think we'd finish next season if they had to bet everything they owned on that position tonight.
    Never understood this - well he is a nice guy -lets give him more time - also notice they are always very defensive in how they set up a team even when its a detriment to the club as Ardley was first by relegating us and then wasting 2 years in the NL in my belief a more experienced manager would have promoted us first year back from the NL
    People with limited experience have to be nice they have nothing else, only successfull managers can get away with arragance, as in the end its the results that matter

If the season had started on Jan 1, we’d be bottom of the league. The Reedtz talk about results not being the only way to judge the manager, but there isn’t a single metric by which you could make a case for keeping SM. I suspect that the Swindon commentators’ “meaningless football” jibe will become his epitaph.

Failure has many architects, though, and the Bros and Richard Montague have made too many mistakes this season. The recruitment has been pretty disastrous, in fact, ever since the Morias signing (with the exception of Crowley and Macari, with a few positive signs from Robertson and Jatta).

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Never understood this - well he is a nice guy -lets give him more time - also notice they are always very defensive in how they set up a team even when its a detriment to the club as Ardley was first by relegating us and then wasting 2 years in the NL in my belief a more experienced manager would have promoted us first year back from the NL
    People with limited experience have to be nice they have nothing else, only successfull managers can get away with arragance, as in the end its the results that matter
    Are you for real, we could only sign players 3 days before the start of the season, the fact we got to Wembley was a miracle in itself

Owners ....hello....can you not see what's going on here...? Get some cojones and get rid now , find a league 2 quality manager , lose some dross and SORT IT OUT. Crowds will be down , revenue down ...what are you doing ? Notts fans thought you knew what you were doing??

we have a 10000 fan base that has been built over the last 12 months, the club and the fans deserve better. one bad appointment is going to throw it all away. have the brothers got the guts to sort it and keep the club on the upward trend because the stats do not lie since christmas we are relegation fodder. admit your mistake and lets move on

Quote Originally Posted by MisterD View Post
    Owners ....hello....can you not see what's going on here...? Get some cojones and get rid now , find a league 2 quality manager , lose some dross and SORT IT OUT. Crowds will be down , revenue down ...what are you doing ? Notts fans thought you knew what you were doing??
    Is it me are there suddenly lot of new posters on here.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    They've been a huge improvement on the Trew and Hardy reigns but that certainly does not mean they're faultless.
    It's worth remembering that both Trew and Hardy were very popular in the first part of their reigns, but both left as villains. I can't see the Reedtz brothers going the same way, but they are at a crossroads now. Everything they have done suggests they are in it for the long haul, but they have a huge decision to make about Maynard. I hope they get it right.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast