+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Maynard out

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I can see the logic behind their decision to appoint Maynard. Their philosophy is based on finding untapped talent rather than splashing the cash, and Maynard did overachieve with Wealdstone. That philosophy worked with the likes of Langstaff and Williams, but I can't see it working with Maynard. They have to admit it has failed, get rid, and learn from the experience.
    This. If they get rid of Maynard (tonight or tomorrow would be good please Brothers!) they then need to step back a little. Look at why it’s failed so miserably. Admit the mistake and most importantly, on the next appointment, get someone who has hardened experience of the dog fight that is League football.
    I had the Swindon commentators today and they nailed us perfectly all through the match. Comments like committed to total football, philosophical football, possession based stats… they all came out, but they were all paired with “but they've been getting hammered week in, week out.”
    I don’t want us to go to route one football, but if all we do is appoint another inexperienced head coach who is totally committed to the pure football or nothing approach….we’ll end up relegated.
    Keep the elements that we’ve seen works so well. Fast, fluid football on a quality pitch.
    But have the nouse to instruct players to deal with things differently when needed. The amount of pointless passing is now beyond the joke.
    The prattling around our own box in defence leads to far too many mistakes.
    Our inability to commit to challenges 110% etc…

I saw Flitcroft mentioned earlier in the week. If someone such as him is genuinely in the mix, he needs to be given more control.
    Be a manager. By all means keep the radar idea and the data led stuff, but let the new guy stand by his own players and his own style occasionally.

Realise that what we achieved last season was superb, but it also managed to mask a few things. Those things now are in neon lights for all to see.
    Be willing to adapt to life now. What really does work in the lower leagues? The be sensible enough to adopt parts of that to our game and staff.

The “Gerrrittt Forward” comment is often used as a mickey take out of older fans, but I’d happily take more positive tempo and bang it forward right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    I notice Boreham Wood are close to relegation in the NL, after going so close last year. Do they have the same manager?
    Yes same guy Luke Garrard he has been manager about 8-9 years.

Not having a good season so far and it’s surprising to see them in drop zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    You don't plan on selling a club whilst simultaneously also building a fan park amongst other investments, you are an utter drama queen
    Some people do up their house to add value to it before selling it, or do so not intending to sell before an unseen turn of events forces them to put it on the market.

Hardy invested in another club and was planning flats or a hotel with balcony views of the pitch, announced March 2018, he sold up just over a year later. Trew bought the rugby club, a women's team to play as Notts County and off the top of my head I think it was only a year or so after publishing their plans to transform the outside of the Meadow Lane end that they were first looking for a buyer.

Could he be the next NCFC Manager??

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Some people do up their house to add value to it before selling it, or do so not intending to sell before an unseen turn of events forces them to put it on the market.

Hardy invested in another club and was planning flats or a hotel with balcony views of the pitch, announced March 2018, he sold up just over a year later. Trew bought the rugby club, a women's team to play as Notts County and off the top of my head I think it was only a year or so after publishing their plans to transform the outside of the Meadow Lane end that they were first looking for a buyer.
    The hotel idea was just pie in the sky after we played Leyton Orient and he thought it would be a good idea. Nothing concrete ever materialised.

The women's team was already owned by Trew, but WSL rules meant that the team needed to be affiliated with a PL/EFL team and at the time, Lincoln were NL. The Rugby Club was bought in 2011. Again, the "plans" were just an architects first idea of how it could be done, no plans or permissions were sought.

The Bros on the other hand have obviously purchased or leased the building and have applied for planning permission, this makes more real than the other two clowns plans

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    The “Gerrrittt Forward” comment is often used as a mickey take out of older fans, but I’d happily take more positive tempo and bang it forward right now.
    At the moment, we need to find the middle ground. For 18 months the 'playing from the back' style worked brilliantly, now it's become a millstone around our necks. It's creating more chances for the opposition than it creates for us.

At the moment, we need to find the middle ground. For 18 months the 'playing from the back' style worked brilliantly, now it's become a millstone around our necks. It's creating more chances for the opposition than it creates for us.
    We have well and truly been worked out by better teams and managers in League Two as opposed to the NL. It’s high time we had a plan B and I think Maynard has to some extent had a go at this but the thinking has been scrambled. The players look completely bereft of confidence. A bit of life needs to be injected to encourage season ticket renewals at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    They fully own Notts, they partially own Viborg, why would they chuck Notts with all the say for a part way in Viborg. Got to say, you have very really got anything right when you claim to be ITK as well.

They went for Maynard because apparently he has a similar style of play to LW. It hasn't worked out and they will most likely replace him very soon. You don't plan on selling a club whilst simultaneously also building a fan park amongst other investments, you are an utter drama queen
    Putting fancy new things into a business or property before a sale is a lot more common than you think actually. I have to add though, what i said was very much a prediction rather than a fact. I have zero idea if the owners are selling the club. I was merely stating what i think may happen.

I’d take any bloody ground that isn’t us passing it around 30 times to go exactly nowhere. I think the acknowledgement of it working 18 months ago is fair, but we also need to acknowledge that it isn’t working now at all and maybe that’s why other teams don’t use it all the time in the lower leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    I said it a few weeks ago, i'm starting to believe the club will be up for sale in the summer. I'm not a betting man but if i were, my money would be on Notts being a NL club in 18 months time. I believe the reason they haven't sacked him is because they're thinking of throwing in the towel. Most likely get a few million for the likes of Langstaff, Jones ect plus the sale money and focus on the Danish club they're now a part of.
    I couldn't disagree more. There's no evidence that the owners are thinking about selling, quite the opposite in fact with the planning application.

They haven't sacked Maynard before now because they aren't reactive, unlike some previous owners, and wanted to give him a reasonable shot at the job. They may keep him until the end of the season, who knows. I hope they don't, but that decision will be based on what they think will be best for the club, not because they are throwing in the towel.

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast