Quote Originally Posted by NottsNotCounty View Post
I believe the wins against Harrogate and Walsall have bought Maynard the summer and possibly the first 10-15 games into next season.
My concern is that we massively rode our luck against Harrogate and could easily have lost that thanks to a 20 minute spell after half time when the visitors took us apart and those wins have just papered over the cracks.
So far the supporters at matches have been supportive and understanding of Maynard and his situation here with the defenders he’s inherited, I don’t believe come the new season and should we get off to a sluggish start that patience will remain.
This is the main fear , so what he finally won 2 games on the bounce after 16 matches. Why does it buy him the summer and next season, the guy record is still very poor P17 W 4 D 3 L10 = Points 15 from 51 available over 46 games gives 40 points relegation
The best SM will do is mid table, then the bro,s will eventually sack him after wasting 2 years. Why not just appoint a better coach in the first place, remember they payed compo to wealdstone for SM, an with the compo they got for LW could have got better. looks like we are in for a few mid table seasons in L2
On another note we are so far of promotion, we did not get a single point out of the top 3 teams, still this is probably a good thing as they have all gone