+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Maynard out

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Maynard playing the hand dealt to him but not playing it very well... mass clear out needed this summer, 2 center backs, 2 center mids and a center forward thats not constantly injured...oh dear god I almost forgot an actual goalkeeper �� can't see Macca, Jones or Crowley wanting to play in front of that shambles of a defense next season
    Can you think how disheartening it must be for those guys to see the same team mates falling over with the ball at their feet in their own penalty area - again and again all season yet nothing was done about it?
    Especially when one of the main culprits is an absolute arsehole off the pitch too!

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Exactly and game was 2-1 to us when he came on !
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Coaching and tactics are not the problem when you've got the same players making the same individual errors over and over and costing us games. 44 games in now and it's not going to change unless those who make the mistakes are taken out of the team and better ones are brought in.

LW said as much when he was here not long before he left.
    When he left us in 6th place, that is.

Let's imagine for a moment that Maynard is not the problem and we just need better players, apart from the ones in the L2 team of the year. Our owners will invest in better quality defenders this summer but so that they don't lose face by having to sack Maynard they will have to factor in a Maynard handicap and buy even better ones than they could have got away with under an experienced L2 manager

So keeping Maynard might have its benefits after all.

Maynard playing the hand dealt to him but not playing it very well... mass clear out needed this summer, 2 center backs, 2 center mids and a center forward thats not constantly injured...oh dear god I almost forgot an actual goalkeeper 😀 can't see Macca, Jones or Crowley wanting to play in front of that shambles of a defense next season
    I’m not sure I agree about a mass clear out. Yes it’s easy to point at the players and say they’ve conceded nearly 90 goals in the league. However, sometimes all it takes is a couple of decent, hardened experienced types that improve and organise those around them.
    Not sure I agree that we need a centre forward… though that depends on Macca, what we do with Scott. We would have Jatta and Didzy under contract. That’s 4 players of good quality if all are here come August.
    4 players are a must. A good keeper, 2 tough as nails CB’s and an older head in midfield (especially if JoB isn’t here). What is an absolute must is a genuine captain as well as a bigger squad we decent quality.
    All of the above is very dependent on what players we don’t sell…how Matty Palmer is after his injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    When he left us in 6th place, that is.
    We were dropping to 6th place, not climbing to 6th place.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Exactly and game was 2-1 to us when he came on !
    Which game was that?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I’m not sure I agree about a mass clear out. Yes it’s easy to point at the players and say they’ve conceded nearly 90 goals in the league. However, sometimes all it takes is a couple of decent, hardened experienced types that improve and organise those around them.
    Not sure I agree that we need a centre forward… though that depends on Macca, what we do with Scott. We would have Jatta and Didzy under contract. That’s 4 players of good quality if all are here come August.
    4 players are a must. A good keeper, 2 tough as nails CB’s and an older head in midfield (especially if JoB isn’t here). What is an absolute must is a genuine captain as well as a bigger squad we decent quality.
    All of the above is very dependent on what players we don’t sell…how Matty Palmer is after his injury.
    Sorry I should of said a center forward once Macca moves on which looks pretty likely...Morais is beginning to become a myth at this point...total wage stealer.... Scott is unfortunately very injury prone and McGoldrick just doesn't look like a decent option for next season...of course we have the legend that in Jatta but he can't do it on his own. Oh and to have Palmer back on the pitch again...he has been missed so badly its untrue.

Sorry I should of said a center forward once Macca moves on which looks pretty likely...Morais is beginning to become a myth at this point...total wage stealer.... Scott is unfortunately very injury prone and McGoldrick just doesn't look like a decent option for next season...of course we have the legend that in Jatta but he can't do it on his own. Oh and to have Palmer back on the pitch again...he has been missed so badly its untrue.
    Scott is injury prone? Really. Like Palmer he has had a big injury. I don’t recall him being missing at all before his knee injury.
    I’m not as convinced that Macca will leave. I don’t think a club will come in with the required offer to tempt us and he has 2 years on his contract. Didzy would be very useful as back up and playing 35/40% of game time.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    ?
    He came on at 4-0 so when Randall was on it was 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Which game was that?
    I meant he came on 4-0 down and 5-2 loss so 2-1.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast