+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Maynard out

I’m taking it you know what it is then? Or are you assuming that whoever is on it will be controversial?

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    I’m taking it you know what it is then? Or are you assuming that whoever is on it will be controversial?

Although JJ's partner and new baby were readmitted to hospital as a precaution for a couple of days this week he still came into training
    Chicks played well last week but plenty of people are surprised that Jones wasn't also included in the starting 11

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Which is fine by me. If they cant cope with the strategy of the owners then so be it. The world of football is full of coaches that would chop off their left leg to be head coach at NCFC. Please everyone never mention Warnock again in any conversation about becoming manager of this club. He does not fit the vision of the owners and never will.
    Exactly.Warnock is an old style manager. He said himself he has turned down jobs, becuase he runs the show, picks the players he wants and then usually improves them. He takes control of all football issues. In fact he turned the job down at Forest for exactly this reason .
    Only highly experienced and successfull managers can demand this, the Owners currently at Notts want yes men, with limited experience , as i said earlier it makes sense as its the cheap option, but its success rate is only 1 in 4, maybe less - in other words you have to dig through a lot of crap to find gold .

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    And thats why we don’t want them!
    Fair enough its up to the owners who they hire. That being said it does not mean that a lot of manager mentioned could not do a better job than most of the head coaches we have had under the current owners

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Exactly.Warnock is an old style manager. He said himself he has turned down jobs, becuase he runs the show, picks the players he wants and then usually improves them. He takes control of all football issues. In fact he turned the job down at Forest for exactly this reason .
    Only highly experienced and successfull managers can demand this, the Owners currently at Notts want yes men, with limited experience , as i said earlier it makes sense as its the cheap option, but its success rate is only 1 in 4, maybe less - in other words you have to dig through a lot of crap to find gold .
    One in four .?
    Birch was ok took a dull as ditchwater team into an exciting one, should have stayed. William's got promotion , juries out on Maynard! Ardley was 5h1te but not really their choice. .

One in four .?
    Birch was ok took a dull as ditchwater team into an exciting one, should have stayed. William's got promotion , juries out on Maynard! Ardley was 5h1te but not really their choice. .
    Personally Burch was poor to average - 5th place finish for Notts in NL about the base minimum level of performance. And Burches true value was exposed at Forest Green . Best thing ever for Notts he left of his own accord

One in four .?
    As for Ardley couldnt agree more- one of the worst managers/coaches to ever grace the Notts dug out

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    A one legged coach would be a progressive statement. Anybody know any?
    I will see if klopp or pep will.have the operation just kidding will the bloke who just played long John silver in the local panto do? I hear his parrot is a wizz kid in
    Football tactics just a bit better than S M.

Quote Originally Posted by midshipman View Post
    I will see if klopp or pep will.have the operation just kidding will the bloke who just played long John silver in the local panto do? I hear his parrot is a wizz kid in
    Football tactics just a bit better than S M.

Nothing like supporting your club.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    What's the success rate been of the old style managers have we employed the past 20/30 yrs, well, since Warnock really, who took us to the top of the hill and took us down again?

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast