+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Maynard out

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Can’t really agree with that, once you have nothing to play for it’s quite hard to get motivated for games.
    Possibly. Might just be pure coincidence we’ve got a few results the exact time the playoffs became a non starter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Possibly. Might just be pure coincidence we’ve got a few results the exact time the playoffs became a non starter.
    I thought they were absolutely excellent at both Newport and Bradford and there was extreme pressure on that Bradford pitch to actually have confidence to play football. I’m staring to believe he’s winning the players over both technically and personality wise.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I thought they were absolutely excellent at both Newport and Bradford and there was extreme pressure on that Bradford pitch to actually have confidence to play football. I’m staring to believe he’s winning the players over both technically and personality wise.
    Results breed confidence, that's for certain, inside and outside a football club. I think one thing we can safely conclude from the last three performances is that the players are still trying their best for Maynard, and when wins start to follow then that can only help.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Results breed confidence, that's for certain, inside and outside a football club. I think one thing we can safely conclude from the last three performances is that the players are still trying their best for Maynard, and when wins start to follow then that can only help.
    Ive given my opinion, and i think this guy will come good. Shoot me down if you like, but i am rarely wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Ive given my opinion, and i think this guy will come good. Shoot me down if you like, but i am rarely wrong..
    Can't agree. Hope you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Can't agree. Hope you're right.
    SM had to pick up from the crap that LW left behind. Lets judge him on next seasons results, when the team will be effectively his..

And never arrogant.

I’m hoping so, the guys clearly a good likeable guy, from various things I’ve read and watched he seems extremely knowledgeable about the game and we know he certainly has a work ethic and cares, all of that gives him a great chance to succeed and be respected by the players.

Warsop, are you going to give it another go for the last 2 home matches of the season?
    You already have the tickets?
    If you don’t enjoy it then you can save your season ticket money next season and find something else more enjoyable to do on a Saturday afternoon. Can’t imagine what though.
    SM may have been without Football League experience when he came but he now has some and appears to be getting better for it.

As someone who supported SM losing faith briefly only during Salford/Swindon. I’m starting to see what the owners mean when talking about luck.

Aside from the two games mentioned any of the others SM has managed could have been wins/draws/losses but should have returned a lot more points than they did. The performance has nearly always been there, and when we don’t give away really silly goals we win games. Even that last two could have gone the other way had luck been well out of our favour.

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast