+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Maynard out

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    What's the success rate been of the old style managers have we employed the past 20/30 yrs, well, since Warnock really, who took us to the top of the hill and took us down again?
    I dont know, but we have sacked quite a few decent managers and replaced them with worse
    But as i said in a previous post, no owners since Pavis have had any financial clout, the real reason for Notts dropping lower, combined with bad luck and poorer and poorer managers its easy to understand

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    As for Ardley couldnt agree more- one of the worst managers/coaches to ever grace the Notts dug out
    The Jury isn't out, but unfortunately he's going nowhere, as owners want to try another factor in their fantasy football game - how far can you go with a hopeless manager

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    The Jury isn't out, but unfortunately he's going nowhere, as owners want to try another factor in their fantasy football game - how far can you go with a hopeless manager
    For some reason I seem to have a funny feeling that this guy will turn out to be ok. Its not very often that i am wrong with managers.....

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    For some reason I seem to have a funny feeling that this guy will turn out to be ok. Its not very often that i am wrong with managers.....
    If Durham is positive on something, I'm all in! I am also getting the same feeling, not based on results (yet), but looking at comments that have been made here (regarding so-and-so has improved in the last few matches etc), by other managers and the players. It seems that he has made a positive impact in a number of ways. If that is the case, then improved results usually follow.

The problem with comments like this is you arent moving with the times saying things like fantasy football.

If you want it "old school" lets ring a bald bloke who runs a golf club he knows how easy this ownership lark is.

We dont know how long Maynard is here for only they know that things change quickly in football.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    The problem with comments like this is you arent moving with the times saying things like fantasy football.

If you want it "old school" lets ring a bald bloke who runs a golf club he knows how easy this ownership lark is.

We dont know how long Maynard is here for only they know that things change quickly in football.
    I took your advice and faxed a bald friend I know that owns two golf courses. Unfortunately, he has never been involved with a football club so couldn't say how difficult or not club ownership is. He did say, however, that your Mum wouldn't be happy with you being disrespectful to older people. It's ageist, you know.

I took your advice and faxed a bald friend I know that owns two golf courses. Unfortunately, he has never been involved with a football club so couldn't say how difficult or not club ownership is. He did say, however, that your Mum wouldn't be happy with you being disrespectful to older people. It's ageist, you know.
    For all you know I might be 80 !!

Well maybe you dont know the bald golf owner im talking about 🤣🤣

I know a slaphead, but he drives a polo...
    probably doesn't help

Has he got a small nob??🤣🤣

Time to put this thread to bed. We all know that S M.will see out the season. I think he will be given about 12 matches to significantly improve Notts Results.As we will have a competitive playing budget I expect some decent signings for next season. So let's support Notts for the last four matches. Enjoy our summer holidays. In August hopefully Notts Will have a team to justify the best pitch in league 2. COYP.

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast