+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Maynard out

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    How much did we pay to get Williams in?
    I would guess nothing as he wasn't employed by anyone at the time he joined us.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Interesting i do not blame SM for taking the job, its a big step up in terms of money and the oppurtunities it might bring. The same as i didnt bleme LW. Its called life everybody wants to play at the highest level
    having said that SM was taking a risk, due to Notts being a big club expecting to be pushing for promotion, and following a good coach in LW, so he was upagainst it from the start
    When changing jobs though, you have to be honest with yourself and your abilities. Apart from the fact that Wealdstone and Notts both played football in the National League, there wasn't much else in common.

Wealdstone was the only team I saw Notts play in the flesh last season and they were pi$$ poor.

As another poster said, I think SM is a prime example of the Peter Principle.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    And OP67 said we went for the cheap option with Maynard. Things don't always add up do they?
    Lets face it, since the Brothers took control, none of their managerial appointments have high profile/high cost. No, I can't prove that they aren't high cost, but in the realms of reasonableness surely nobody would believe that keeping Ardley on (if they initially sacked him, there would be compensation) or appointing Burchnall, Williams or Maynard broke the budget.

Ardley was sacked in the third year of his contract, so again, a lesser payout.

I'm not saying what is right or wrong as I don't know what the owners position or aim is, but they don't go for battle hardened managers and to me, that means that they want to retain full control.

I also don't believe many old school managers would just just accept who is brought in and have to make the most of them - not long term anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Lets face it, since the Brothers took control, none of their managerial appointments have high profile/high cost. No, I can't prove that they aren't high cost, but in the realms of reasonableness surely nobody would believe that keeping Ardley on (if they initially sacked him, there would be compensation) or appointing Burchnall, Williams or Maynard broke the budget.

Ardley was sacked in the third year of his contract, so again, a lesser payout.

I'm not saying what is right or wrong as I don't know what the owners position or aim is, but they don't go for battle hardened managers and to me, that means that they want to retain full control.

I also don't believe many old school managers would just just accept who is brought in and have to make the most of them - not long term anyway.
    I think that's why we go for head coaches now.the club sign the players and expect the head coach to not only coach them but improve them aswell

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I think that's why we go for head coaches now.the club sign the players and expect the head coach to not only coach them but improve them aswell
    And that's why a lot of managers mentioned on here won't come or be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    Which is fine by me. If they cant cope with the strategy of the owners then so be it. The world of football is full of coaches that would chop off their left leg to be head coach at NCFC. Please everyone never mention Warnock again in any conversation about becoming manager of this club. He does not fit the vision of the owners and never will.

Absolutely correct my sentiments exactly I don't know about the chopped left leg though.

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    And thats why we don’t want them!

Which is fine by me. If they cant cope with the strategy of the owners then so be it. The world of football is full of coaches that would chop off their left leg to be head coach at NCFC. Please everyone never mention Warnock again in any conversation about becoming manager of this club. He does not fit the vision of the owners and never will.
    100% agree. A lot of clubs are and will move to this model. Makes no sense a manager being in charge of recruitment as none usually last more than a year or so and then you’re left with their players, some but not all driven by their relationships with agents, previous relationships with the players and when the new manager comes in it’s all the same again, it’s a costly process.

A one legged coach would be a progressive statement. Anybody know any?

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast