+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Preston North End Post Match Thoughts

Trying to think of someone on here whose got a clue! All I know is we've got to do something soon to keep the majority of the fan base & that's not going with LR Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Trying to think of someone on here whose got a clue!
    FFS funniest thing I've read for ages

Millers same at Millmoor we haven't got the fan base to be more than relegation candidates in the championship.

There are times this season when we’ve looked as if we’d struggle against decent L2 opponents. Significant improvement needed just to build a team able to hold its own in L1

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    You make an excellent point. Like Pocket said he should have been brought in after relegation was confirmed. On paper he would look a good fit the reality is he’s damaged his credentials for the job moving forward. He’s inherited issues I agree but he’s not done anything to suggest he’s the right man now.
    I think you're right.
    I'm also pretty sure that the majority of supporters wouldn't be disappointed if TS decided to move him on because things seem so much worse now.
    The problem is, who is out there that who we can be reasonably confident about doing a complete rebuilding job and making us competitive in League 1?
    Rightly or wrongly it seems likely that LR will be here next season unless he decides to walk away.

Millers same at Millmoor we haven't got the fan base to be more than relegation candidates in the championship.
    So what exactly are you suggesting?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    So what exactly are you suggesting?

Can't suggest anything. Had the chance at the NYS with the promotions but after no increase in the home support so capacity of the ground remains the same.

Talking of Millmoor now here’s a plan that might work if all parties can agree

C F Booth has Millmoor and does nothing with it

RU Estates has the Bawtry Road site and does nothing with it

How about a property exchange ( with appropriate cash adjustments) so that TS can redevelop Millmoor as a training ground and C F Booth can explore putting houses on Bawtry Road?

I know they hate each other but both can make it look as though both are the winning party because both could benefit.

It’s also an idea that gets past the covenant restrictions imposed on Millmoor

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Talking of Millmoor now here’s a plan that might work if all parties can agree

C F Booth has Millmoor and does nothing with it

RU Estates has the Bawtry Road site and does nothing with it

How about a property exchange ( with appropriate cash adjustments) so that TS can redevelop Millmoor as a training ground and C F Booth can explore putting houses on Bawtry Road?

I know they hate each other but both can make it look as though both are the winning party because both could benefit.

It’s also an idea that gets past the covenant restrictions imposed on Millmoor
    It would make so much sense but cost a fortune…..TS veto.

Millmoor is nowhere near big enough for a training ground. A training ground would need multiple grass pitches plus ideally one full size indoor/all weather as well.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast