+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Turn out in numbers on Monday.

I think at the moment, we’d all take Moniz, his philosophy and his coat, back at the Lane pronto. Never knew what you were going to get from the team to his interviews. Unpredictable doesn’t come close. But as said above, his you score three, we score 4 routine kept the blood pressure up!

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I get a bit tired of people saying they’re not renewing, if you’re genuinely not going to then don’t, no one needs to know or is it just wanting attention?
    I only briefly considered it when we went down to the NL but did renew, my indecision lasted probably hours on the day of the relegation. I personally believe if you’re just going to down tools at the first sight of trouble then are you a proper supporter? Fully understand to some it’s a financial challenge sometimes but for me your either in this or not, we had one of our greatest days less than a year ago, yes we are in a bit of a mess now but it does need a bit of prospective.
    This club would have died without fans like you, there's no doubt about that. The flip side is that there would be a very low ceiling for what the club could achieve without the so called "glory hunters". It just isn't realistic to expect 15k to turn up no matter what the circumstances.

People go to football matches or take an interest to whatever degree (merely checking the result to paying for a stream) for all sorts of different reasons, be that habit, friendship, family, drinking buddies, just to get out of the house, to offload the stress of a working week onto bad officials and poor performances, to sing/chant, meaning, purpose, nothing better to do etc. I can't imagine too many are turning up to impress upon somebody else that they are a "proper" supporter.

If people are turning their backs on the club (physically or with less online engagement) then I would have thought it important to understand why that is and not to discourage them from remaining connected and interested enough in the club via places like this, in the hope they will return someday.

Crowds go up and down at all clubs in tandem with success or failure, Notts are no different. You get a buzz when the team is winning and the atmosphere is pregnant with anticipation and forward momentum, you feel thoroughly miserable when they're losing with a sense of impeding doom and falling backwards. Everybody has a different set of priorities in life and at different times of their life. It's basic human nature to prioritise what makes them feel as if they're doing something rewarding and worthwhile and to de-prioritise what feels like a hopeless waste of time.
    Last edited by upthemaggies; 30-03-2024 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    This club would have died without fans like you, there's no doubt about that. The flip side is that there would be a very low ceiling for what the club could achieve without the so called "glory hunters". It just isn't realistic to expect 15k to turn up no matter what the circumstances.

People go to football matches or take an interest to whatever degree (merely checking the result to paying for a stream) for all sorts of different reasons, be that habit, friendship, family, drinking buddies, just to get out of the house, to offload the stress of a working week onto bad officials and poor performances, to sing/chant, meaning, purpose, nothing better to do etc. I can't imagine too many are turning up to impress upon somebody else that they are a "proper" supporter.

If people are turning their backs on the club (physically or with less online engagement) then I would have thought it important to understand why that is and not to discourage them from remaining connected and interested enough in the club via places like this, in the hope they will return someday.

Crowds go up and down at all clubs in tandem with success or failure, Notts are no different. You get a buzz when the team is winning and the atmosphere is pregnant with anticipation and forward momentum, you feel thoroughly miserable when they're losing with a sense of impeding doom and falling backwards. Everybody has a different set of priorities in life and at different times of their life. It's basic human nature to prioritise what makes them feel as if they're doing something rewarding and worthwhile and to de-prioritise what feels like a hopeless waste of time.
    100% agree with all that and thanks for the compliment 😂 probably more blind faith or stupidity than anything else. I agree now, a lot of fans are fickle, I don’t want him to get the sack at all but the club are going to have to do something pretty soon. It can wait probably till the end of the season but their probably going to have to get a name or an appointment where 90% of supporters/followers go “yes I like that” then followed by a Mcgoldrick type signing at the back, dare I say it a Flint style signing and then word gets around pre season and people get excited that we mean business.

100% agree with all that and thanks for the compliment �� probably more blind faith or stupidity than anything else. I agree now, a lot of fans are fickle, I don’t want him to get the sack at all but the club are going to have to do something pretty soon. It can wait probably till the end of the season but their probably going to have to get a name or an appointment where 90% of supporters/followers go “yes I like that” then followed by a Mcgoldrick type signing at the back, dare I say it a Flint style signing and then word gets around pre season and people get excited that we mean business.
    Some of us have been supporters through thick and very thin ( 70 years plus) and it is a habit thqt cannot be shaken off. Crap since January but we still turn up for matches ( more in hope than expectation at the moment!).

Why should people turn up to watch a game where someone who is virtually a learner picks and chooses the team seemingly at random. Someone who is NOT learning on the job, who cannot see the obvious and is blind to his own errors. I am of the opinion that any average football fan who has seen more games than SM has will certainly have learned more about team selection than our current manager has. He has destroyed the team spirit that carried over from last season and this has led to misunderstandings, mistakes, and overcaution where the safe pass back has become a liabilty and an opprtunity for the enemy to strike.

He can swap the forward line to small or no improvement at all, but he cannot coach the defence into a mutual understanding where the midfield need not keep coming back to help out - and that hasn't worked either.

To summarise, he is way out of his depth and needs replacing before next season's season tickets go on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Some of us have been supporters through thick and very thin ( 70 years plus) and it is a habit thqt cannot be shaken off. Crap since January but we still turn up for matches ( more in hope than expectation at the moment!).
    I believe that many of us support Notts as a club rather than individuals, the way I see it I was watching us many years before the current players- manager or owners were even born & God willing I will still watching us when they have gone. Frustrating it may be but to stop going because of a blip? not me. COYP

100% agree with all that and thanks for the compliment 😂 probably more blind faith or stupidity than anything else. I agree now, a lot of fans are fickle, I don’t want him to get the sack at all but the club are going to have to do something pretty soon. It can wait probably till the end of the season but their probably going to have to get a name or an appointment where 90% of supporters/followers go “yes I like that” then followed by a Mcgoldrick type signing at the back, dare I say it a Flint style signing and then word gets around pre season and people get excited that we mean business.
    You don’t want him to get the sack?
    Another happy clapper, this blokes taken us from top 4 too 17th single handed and your still happy with what your watching?

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I'll give it a miss thanks after today. MK will absolutely batter us and I'd rather not be there to see it. Unfortunately Maynard will be here next season and I'll be back in the south west and luckily have limited chances to catch a live game. Maybe at Truro City the season after
    If Maynard is still here next season whose responsibility will it be?
    Whose responsibility is it that he is here now?
    We are in danger of going back to where we were when our owners took over. All that good work undone.
    It is not Maynard’s fault that half the squad are not of League 2 standard but something has to be done and soon.
    As supporters how can we help? Stop going?
    Boo and abuse? Cheer and applaud everything even when it is cr*p? Sit there in silence? Will our owners be even be there to see it? Protest behind the Pavis after the game?
    I really have no idea but I do know who is responsible for what happens now (or not).

I'm fed up of people saying how bad the squad/ team is.We are only looking poor at present because of the new, poor manager.This squad was a top ten side before his arrival ( top 7 really but I'm being kind).He has turned us into a bottom 5 side probably worse with our current form.There is no need to rip the squad apart it's a case of carrying on as we were before.Making some nice additions to the squad in the summer with a few dead woods out.I dont think we need mass changes in players at all.A new manager with a similar playing philosophy to IB & LW that can carry on the good work they left behind..the majority of this team got us into the play off positions untill injuries in key positions hamstrung us massively!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I'm fed up of people saying how bad the squad/ team is.We are only looking poor at present because of the new, poor manager.This squad was a top ten side before his arrival ( top 7 really but I'm being kind).He has turned us into a bottom 5 side probably worse with our current form.There is no need to rip the squad apart it's a case of carrying on as we were before.Making some nice additions to the squad in the summer with a few dead woods out.I dont think we need mass changes in players at all.A new manager with a similar playing philosophy to IB & LW that can carry on the good work they left behind..the majority of this team got us into the play off positions untill injuries in key positions hamstrung us massively!
    Whilst I agree regards injuries…Palmer anyone?… I think we’re carrying more than a couple of deadwood tbh.
    All keepers are not good enough.

Macari looks promising. Baldwin has it, but the mistakes are worrisome to say the least. The rest…cut.

Midifeld…Keep Palmer, Robertson, JoB as part time coach. Crowley is good on his day, but his attitude is a worry. I’d keep Jones and Nemane as well, but purely on wingers basis.
    The rest cut.

Up front…
    McGoldrick. They’re not going to release him so keep as sub. Macca, Jatta and Scott keep.
    The rest cut.

I know Macca, Jones and even Crowley might not be here regardless, but the above imo, shows we are carrying lots and lots of deadwood.

For me, says a lot when it’s quicker to write the keep list than write the cut list!

I’ve probably forgotten one, but it’s a massive shopping list for the summer!

Don’t disagree about the Maynard thing, but I also stand by the fact the rot was there before that and our playoff position was only due to early wins and teams not sussing us out quick. Now they have…

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast