+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Turn out in numbers on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    If Maynard is still here next season whose responsibility will it be?
    Whose responsibility is it that he is here now?
    We are in danger of going back to where we were when our owners took over. All that good work undone.
    It is not Maynard’s fault that half the squad are not of League 2 standard but something has to be done and soon.
    As supporters how can we help? Stop going?
    Boo and abuse? Cheer and applaud everything even when it is cr*p? Sit there in silence? Will our owners be even be there to see it? Protest behind the Pavis after the game?
    I really have no idea but I do know who is responsible for what happens now (or not).
    I'll be over 300 miles each way next season mate, I'll not be driving that every other weekend! I'm not going tomorrow as I'd rather get some exercise in the beautiful Derbyshire peaks rather than give my heart a workout at Meadow Lane.

I'll be waiting to see what the line up is.

If the usual donkeys are selected I'll find somthing else to do.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    You don’t want him to get the sack?
    Another happy clapper, this blokes taken us from top 4 too 17th single handed and your still happy with what your watching?
    Happy Clapper, are we right or what? I said I don’t want him to get the sack more in respect that I wanted him succeed but did follow up saying the club will have to do something.
    People seem to get branded Happy Clappers when they don’t have a meltdown when things are going wrong, so on that basis is I’d rather be a Happy Clapper than have no backbone.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Happy Clapper, are we right or what? I said I don’t want him to get the sack more in respect that I wanted him succeed but did follow up saying the club will have to do something.
    People seem to get branded Happy Clappers when they don’t have a meltdown when things are going wrong, so on that basis is I’d rather be a Happy Clapper than have no backbone.
    That must make me an Unhappy Clapper! I'm very disappointed with the way the season has rapidly gone down the pan, but would never for a second consider deserting the club.

McGoldrick came here eagerly hoping to be part of a successful club which had everything going for it this season, he didn't come for the money, he came to be part of a club he loved and he was part of a winning team - at first. What has happened to that spirit? In and out of the team due to "injury" or loss of confidence in management, namely Maynard?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That must make me an Unhappy Clapper! I'm very disappointed with the way the season has rapidly gone down the pan, but would never for a second consider deserting the club.
    No ones happy but I refuse to go into meltdown demanding the owners must instantly do xy and z and come out and say something.
    I do believe SMs got to go as unfortunately he’s got minus credit in the bank and if we hit a bad spell next season there would be pandemonium but when I hear the likes of Langstaff saying he’s a great guy, knows the game inside out, whilst that’s not enough, I do believe it’s enough to have seen better than we have on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    McGoldrick came here eagerly hoping to be part of a successful club which had everything going for it this season, he didn't come for the money, he came to be part of a club he loved and he was part of a winning team - at first. What has happened to that spirit? In and out of the team due to "injury" or loss of confidence in management, namely Maynard?
    He’s been injured and Maynard has put him straight back in. He got injured when LW was here with a shoulder I think, he’s 36, it’s going to happen now unfortunately for him.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    No ones happy but I refuse to go into meltdown demanding the owners must instantly do xy and z and come out and say something.
    I do believe SMs got to go as unfortunately he’s got minus credit in the bank and if we hit a bad spell next season there would be pandemonium but when I hear the likes of Langstaff saying he’s a great guy, knows the game inside out, whilst that’s not enough, I do believe it’s enough to have seen better than we have on the pitch.
    The problem SM has is that he started with zero credit with some fans (“part-timer”, “BT engineer”) and things have only deteriorated with the lousy run. In the meantime, those who were on the fence have seen nothing to suggest he can arrest the slide. Even worse for him, the decent performances have all come away from home.

If we are going to keep him at the end of the season, we’ll need one hell of a pre-season with quality signings to convince some to renew their season tickets. We’ll also need an honest appraisal from the owners about why a season that promised so much has been frittered away - and we can’t blame it all on the Matty Palmer injury and Luke Williams’ departure.

Well, as bloody always, match day comes around and even though he should have been sacked by now and take half the team with him…and my threats to go round Dobies garden centre all afternoon…I informed the wife this am that I’m at the Lane this PM.
    That’s the problem with being a Notts fan. It’s the hope that gets you. That slightest glimmer sits there, pushing you into making statements such as “he’d better start Jatta today or we’re done for.”…
    What? Did I just say that? We’re done for even if he starts Jatta, but hey ho. I’ll be there, cold and probably miserable by 5pm.
    Love this club and hate it!

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Well, as bloody always, match day comes around and even though he should have been sacked by now and take half the team with him…and my threats to go round Dobies garden centre all afternoon…I informed the wife this am that I’m at the Lane this PM.
    That’s the problem with being a Notts fan. It’s the hope that gets you. That slightest glimmer sits there, pushing you into making statements such as “he’d better start Jatta today or we’re done for.”…
    What? Did I just say that? We’re done for even if he starts Jatta, but hey ho. I’ll be there, cold and probably miserable by 5pm.
    Love this club and hate it!
    Well done that man,you know it makes sense. . COYP

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast