Quote Originally Posted by Pietastic View Post
Got to admit it would be interesting to be all attack minded again. We do seem in a bit of a limbo - trying to sure things up at the back meaning a more blunted attack.... That said we have had games when the balance has been decent - Wrexham we was robbed, Newport away, Bratfud away.... etc
I'd agree about the Wrexham game. I'd also add Mansfield into the mix in the fact we created and were really positive and confident in our attacking play certainly within the first quarter of the game that we should have scored at least one. The pinball machine of three shots in about as many seconds in the Mansfield box stands out in my mind. Those two games were fine margins. I'd imagine the Radar will have picked up both Mansfield and Wrexham games as ones in which statistically we deserved more if the way the key moments have gone are noticable to the naked eye. Against two promotion candidates that's a positive.

There maybe other games where the Radar may have picked up we have done enough so to speak statistically to win the game but due to the individual errors have not. I'd imagine yesterday statistically a draw may have been expected. That first chance early on we should have scored.

Home is where we have had the poorest results under SM as we know. There are four games left MK Dons, Harrogate, Stockport and Colchester. We need something positive on Monday and this is the problem for SM is that a large majority of the fans attending have not seen a win under SM in five attempts if they don't go to away games or buy the stream.

Also add into this that from August 2019 until Jan 2024 Meadow Lane has been a tough place to come and we've won more games than we have lost in that time. So that's 4 and 1/2 years it's taken to build the current levels of attendance up and there will be plenty of the 4,000 extra fans who will have not seen consectuctive defeats at home.

Away from home we are picking up on average a point a game.

Home P6, W0, D1, L5, GF6, GA15, GD-9, Pts 1
Away P7, W2, D1, L4, GF10, GA9, GD+1, Pts 7

We've have conceded the most amount of goals of any side in this league and the third most. That is the argument for all out attack from now until the end of the season especially at home. It can't get any worse and this season can be summed up as National League defending, League One striking.