+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Turn out in numbers on Monday.

I’m going to York for the day. It’s not that I don’t want to support the lads, but for my own health I need a break from watching them!

I simply cannot watch us pass the ball backwards and sideways until we let someone walk through the defence and score against us or a cross from 50 yards unlocks our defence.

I’m not against the “style” just the way we implement it and the players we have to do it.

I’m completely going cold turkey, I won’t even look at the score until it’s over.

I’ll let you know if it makes me eager to return or not!

COYP!

It was noticeable on Saturday that we were hardly putting the ball out to the left where Jones has been our main threat all season
    It was so frustrating watching the defenders passing it around among themselves with no purpose other than to keep the ball
    Maynard came in and noticeably tried to tighten us up at the back but it's back-fired horrifically. We now look toothless even though we were top scorers until the change to possession without ambition
    Opponents must love playing against us

Whatever happens I hope against hope that whatever is shouted towards Maynard on Monday isn’t too disgusting and personal. From what you read on here and social media Maynard is the antichrist, hell bent on destroying Notts County and returning us to the NL.

Whatever his limitations are, he’s still trying his best….he isn’t trying to upset anyone. It may be frustrating but let’s try and remember he’s human ay, I know that’s difficult for some.

Nah. I’m a season ticket holder of 45 years now. Sometimes you’ve got to know when to play and when it’s time to fold. Monday will be absolutely toxic. I’ve no desire to see the team I’ve followed since I was a lad, going through the motions at minimum level. Yesterday was poor, but no real difference to most of the other games in 2024. I’ve done them all at home and some away this year and it’s obvious where we’re headed.

Not a fickle fan. I’ve sat there through rough times, as have we all, older or younger. Christ, only a few seasons we were relegated out of the league. Going back further, Fullerton is mentioned regularly, Jocky Scott for Christ sake, Billy Deardon etc… and without being disrespectful to the recently departed Larry Lloyd…enough said.

But even when we were relegated on that day at Swindon, and we were jumping up like lunatics when we scored…we had some sort of hope. Some sort of aim or target.
    Mondays target? To not gift goals? To play well for 30 minutes (like Bradfud?)
    This season is done. We’re pretty much safe from relegation. We clearly won’t get back up the league table either.
    It’s officially limping to the line…waiting for Maynard to resign, be sacked or god forbid, be there next season.

Not a big fan of the garden centre trawl, but at least my sanity will be partly restored. If I was taking my normal seat at the lane…maybe not.
    Even if we bizarrely turn it on and win by loads…won’t make a difference as we’ve proven we can’t follow up next game anyways.
    Easter Monday and it’s a no from me. Kids and grandkids will get a visit and then I’ll be dragged round more bloody flowers by the wife. But at least I won’t be there booing, which, I reckon will happen and the atmosphere will descend into toxic levels unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Whatever happens I hope against hope that whatever is shouted towards Maynard on Monday isn’t too disgusting and personal. From what you read on here and social media Maynard is the antichrist, hell bent on destroying Notts County and returning us to the NL.

Whatever his limitations are, he’s still trying his best….he isn’t trying to upset anyone. It may be frustrating but let’s try and remember he’s human ay, I know that’s difficult for some.
    Well said
    He's a decent man and is popular with most of the players
    Unfortunately he's not Luke Williams who was an inspirational man who could rally our rag tag squad to work together to overcome the weaknesses everyone in the division knows about
    Even Luke couldn't do it all the time - remember Shrewsbury 2 - 3 and Colchester 4 - 5?
    But at least we attacked and managed to score while the plug was out at the back

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post

Totally agree.

I'll be at the game but if we're a couple or so down by the 80th minute then it's off to the pub for me.

I'll be there on Monday and I want the team to surprise me and do well. I've formed the opinion that Stuart Maynard isn't the man to lead us forward, but I'll be more than happy if he miraculously proves me wrong, beating MK Dons (or at least not losing) and then going on a good run through to the end of the season.

Whether we're talking about the Head Coach or the players, this isn't personal. I certainly don't hate Stuart Maynard - far from it in fact - but the bottom line is that results decide how good a manager is and how long he lasts.

Watching the post-match interview after Swindon, I thought Maynard showed admirable dignity and resilience in an almost impossible situation, but you only have to look at his eyes to see the pressure he's under. The decision on when to pull the plug isn't mine, so until that decision is made I'll wish the Head Coach the best even though I fear the worst. There's no point kicking someone when they're already down.

As Luke Williams said early in his reign, fans desperately want the club and the team to do well, and any negative reaction comes from the frustration arising from that desperation. After 5 home defeats in a row that desperation is understandably bordering on exasperation and 'toxicity'. I hope on Monday that the fans who do attend try to create a positive atmosphere at the start of the game, because the team does need it, but then the players and management have to take responsibility for what happens from there. They have more control than anyone else over the way the game goes and the way the crowd reacts.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I dont think the team is half as bad as it is being painted. It's just that Maynard is awful and has asked them to play to a system that they were not bought in to play.You dont go round playing teams off the pitch and winning games 5-0 and 3-0's with bad players.He really is that bad that he has tur ed them into looking like amateurs which takes some doing! Please get rid ASAP hes poisoned the club. I take no pleasure in writing this as I hoped his signing was an inspiration and would take us to the next level, not the level below !!!
    A few posters have concurred with you on this and I agree too.

The players are making ridiculous mistakes because they are being asked to play a way that is outside of their skill set. A good manager would have got more out of them.

Even LW was failing playing this way towards the end of his reign.

I’ve never left a match early, but it seems a sensible thing to do on Monday if it’s another poor performance. It sends a message, but isn’t abusive. A mass exit when the board goes up for time added on.

I have nothing against SM but it is the hardest thing in football to turn around a demoralised team with nothing to play for, and I don’t think he stands a chance of achieving that.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast