+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aidan Stone

Aidan Stone

Do we have any idea what’s going off with Stone?

Came in with a seemingly strong reputation. Looked good when we looked good. When we started to get worked out and teams started dropping crosses on him he struggled.

Probably our best GK with the ball at feet.

LW jettisoned him and SM hasn’t really given him a sniff. One manager binning you can happen, but when two do it, it seems like there may be more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftPeg_Pie View Post
    Came in with a seemingly strong reputation. Looked good when we looked good.
    No he didn't he was terrible.
    He didn't come with a strong rep either, Mansfield and Vale fans were amazed we had signed him because he was so bad.
    He's now third choice, which is only because we don't have a fourth currently available.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftPeg_Pie View Post
    Do we have any idea what’s going off with Stone?

Came in with a seemingly strong reputation.
    From who, Vale fans were glad to get rid of him by all accounts.

SM though hasn't a clue who's good or who's not judging by his team selections. Ashby-Hammond keeps a clean sheet and gets an assist then gets dropped for Mrs Slocombe. Jatta scores 3 in 3 then gets dropped for unfit McGoldrick

I think you're missing the point 👉 none of the other goalkeepers can perform a pirouette like Mrs Slocombe 🤔

Stone was signed because of his ability to play the ball. I have to be honest, never saw any of this supposed ability but he's always been a vampire (scared of crosses). It's really bad and telling that Slocombe is still our best overall keeper and we've tried replacing him for the last few seasons. It's clear that we have a style of keeper in mind but don't seemingly have the budget to get a decent one. Only decent one was Patterson who is now an established championship keeper

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    I think you're missing the point �� none of the other goalkeepers can perform a pirouette like Mrs Slocombe ��
    I'd wiped that from my memory, thanks for reminding me.

Ashby-Hammond is the least bad of our keepers

I feel the main problem in goal we have had the past 4 seasons & with 4 different managers is that no manager has had any faith with Slocombe & yet he is still here & not been moved on & then they all go back to him rather than stick with their alternatives. Ardley brought in / loaned Joe McDonnell & Luke Pilling, Burchnall loaned Anthony Patterson & Vitezslav Jaros, Williams loaned Mair & bought Stone & even Maynard has loaned Ashby Hammond. So when 4 managers bring in that many keepers they obviously don't rate or are confident enough with Slocombe & yet he is still around. For these last 6 games he should stick with Ashby Hammond or recall Brooks & give him 6 games to show whether he is up to league football rather than Sam who we all know what he can & can't do.

The sensible thing would be Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    The sensible thing would be Brooks
    Get him back ! What have we got to lose.? There is no way we can get relegated!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast