+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aidan Stone

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Get him back ! What have we got to lose.? There is no way we can get relegated!
    Our GK situation is really difficult. But who cares about this season, there's only one goal and we all know what that is!

With 3 under contract next season, best we can hope is Brooks gets his chance, 1 on the bench, 1 out on loan

Rochdale just brought a new keeper in on loan from Huddersfield to cover for Brooks while he was away with Ireland u-21s. Interesting to see if Brooks regains his place next week.

I thought Stone was brought in as he was a good sweeper keeper. Have seen 0 evidence of that. When he signed, a Vale fan called him Poppadom hands. Made me chuckle (and I've seen lots of evidence of it too).

The year is 2049. 45 year old Notts County goalkeeper Tiernan Brooks has joined National league North side Mansfield Town on a season long loan. The 85th loan move of his career. Notts feel that it will give him valuable game time.

Quote Originally Posted by yoop_eyes View Post
    The year is 2049. 45 year old Notts County goalkeeper Tiernan Brooks has joined National league North side Mansfield Town on a season long loan. The 85th loan move of his career. Notts feel that it will give him valuable game time.
    Hope that comes true!

I doubt I'd be around to see it, but I love the thought of 'National league North side Mansfield Town'.

When you look at the goalkeeper situation you have to think something is not quite right ! We have Brooks who is obviously not fancied for the first team because he's allways out on loan, we have Stone who doesn't appear to be reliable enough in the first team, we have on loan Hammond probably not much of a step up from Stone but still learning and then Slocombe who's performance levels are not consistent enough and gets a lot of mysterious injuries every season.The common denominator is Tom Weal (head of goalkeeping) perhaps it's time for this area of the coaching staff was reviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckpie View Post
    When you look at the goalkeeper situation you have to think something is not quite right ! We have Brooks who is obviously not fancied for the first team because he's allways out on loan, we have Stone who doesn't appear to be reliable enough in the first team, we have on loan Hammond probably not much of a step up from Stone but still learning and then Slocombe who's performance levels are not consistent enough and gets a lot of mysterious injuries every season.The common denominator is Tom Weal (head of goalkeeping) perhaps it's time for this area of the coaching staff was reviewed.
    Let's face it with our defence we could have Edison in goal and it wouldn't make much difference😋

I thought Stone was a perfectly competent keeper for us until Williams dropped him before the first Mansfield game and the position has been a farce ever since. LAH being dropped after Bradford being the latest example.

Stone is comfortably the best keeper out of the 3 who’ve played this season, and I would hope it’s him and Brooks battling it out next season under a more stable situation and decent coach.

When Slocombe signed a new contract last summer, the write up said a new experienced keeper would also be incoming. Experienced keeper is not Stone, he had about 50 - 70 matches to his name, I would have thought a 28 year old with 200 appearances would have fitted that narrative. I can’t help but feel the initial target(s) were missed and Stone was a name way down the list.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I thought Stone was a perfectly competent keeper for us until Williams dropped him before the first Mansfield game and the position has been a farce ever since. LAH being dropped after Bradford being the latest example.

Stone is comfortably the best keeper out of the 3 who’ve played this season, and I would hope it’s him and Brooks battling it out next season under a more stable situation and decent coach.
    Agreed. 1 major error Vs Colchester seemed to be the final straw for many, yet we see similar from Slocombe virtually every time he plays. His goalkeeping is certainly no worse than any of the other options we have available to us.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

I would disagree that Stone is 'comfortably' our best keeper. He, like Slocombe has no desire to come and command his 6 yard box and his shot stopping is no better than Slocombe's. His footwork may be marginally better but overall he is below the minimum standard required.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast