+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jason Turner

When you look back, I think we have lost arguably the three main components of our success:

Jason Turner in the boardroom.
    Luke Williams in the dugout.
    Matty Palmer on the pitch.

All set very high standards, none have been adequately replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    When you look back, I think we have lost arguably the three main components of our success:

I agree with this.

Totally agree - i said some time ago that we can not under estimate the loss of jason Turner - the very fact that after he died the respect from the general football community showed what a popular guy he was

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Totally agree - i said some time ago that we can not under estimate the loss of jason Turner - the very fact that after he died the respect from the general football community showed what a popular guy he was
    Agreed with you and those above a monster loss to the club and it’s only now we are seeing it.

RIP JT.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

I’d also add Ruben Rodrigues that that list. Crowley has been very good overall, but he’s a different type of player. Ruben was great at breaking the lines and threading passes through to the likes of Macca.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I’d also add Ruben Rodrigues that that list. Crowley has been very good overall, but he’s a different type of player. Ruben was great at breaking the lines and threading passes through to the likes of Macca.
    I've been thinking about breaking lines (or not) last few games.

It happened a bit towards the end of the match against Swindon. Cameron surged forward a few times. Robertson got the ball deepish facing our own goal and just turned, beat his man and ran up the centre of the pitch.

Don't know if it was deliberate or tactics just went out the window and we started improvising. In any case, we looked a better team for it.

I don't see it as particularly risky seeing as our ever decreasing defensive passing triangles bring quite a lot of risk anyway. We are happy to play 20 passes in dangerous areas to wait for the overload, but rarely to try and run with the ball. We have defenders who are not great at defending but who were chosen exactly for their ability to do this, so I would like to see them donit more often.

As someone pointed out the other day, Nemane often gets the ball one on one and slows down and waits to be double marked, before passing inside. Only Jones really consistently takes people on.

We have been found out in the sense that man marking or very deep defense stops us creating anything, making us very predictable as we pass and pass ourselves into trouble waiting for the killer ball that never comes. Why not mix things up by breaking forward with the ball?

Even if it fails, it would be a more interesting way of failing than the time honoured defensive passing calamity.

Forgot to add Crowley is probably the only other player who tries to open things up with ball at feet, with his stop/spin/go the other way move, which is pretty effective.

Wow I never knew that - how interesting. Another case of things not being black and white.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12