+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cedwyn Scott

Cedwyn Scott

Whilst I appreciate that he's been out for most of the season I'm a little surprised that he's not already been offered a contract extension given that he's unlikely to prove much either way in what's left of the season.
    As for Bajrami, I expect him to leave with us never really sure if he could contribute much to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    Whilst I appreciate that he's been out for most of the season I'm a little surprised that he's not already been offered a contract extension given that he's unlikely to prove much either way in what's left of the season.
    As for Bajrami, I expect him to leave with us never really sure if he could contribute much to us.
    Cedwyn Scott is a really under-appreciated asset in my opinion. Yes he's had an injury, but he's definitely worth keeping.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Cedwyn Scott is a really under-appreciated asset in my opinion. Yes he's had an injury, but he's definitely worth keeping.
    Spot on.. His goals per game ratio are has good as Macca.. But this fool of a manager will probably play him at wing back...

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Absolutely, would be perfect to play the Langstaff role next season. Not a chance that Macca is staying so need to find a replacement, why not from within.

Might sound a bit harsh but considering the disasters with signing Morias etc I would be happier if he proved his fitness first before offering him a contract extension.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Absolutely, would be perfect to play the Langstaff role next season. Not a chance that Macca is staying so need to find a replacement, why not from within.
    Gateshead fans said Scott was the better of the 2...

I'd like to see him get a new contract, even if he goes out on loan next season for fitness. Deserves his chance after being forced to play on for a few minutes with a serious injury after Williams had put all his subs on.
    I don't think we can justify giving Baj a contract as he was in the Ed Francis, Frank Vincent camp of not quite good enough to hold a place down.

He will have now and pre season to prove his fitness and can get back the same player, what is on his side is he is a young guy 24-25.

As harsh as it sounds if we offered him a deal and he broke down again we'd be in the same boat.

Bajami is the same he is still fairly young and can play a few positions so is a useful squad player.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    He will have now and pre season to prove his fitness and can get back the same player, what is on his side is he is a young guy 24-25.

As harsh as it sounds if we offered him a deal and he broke down again we'd be in the same boat.

Bajami is the same he is still fairly young and can play a few positions so is a useful squad player.
    I hope that both of them are given the chance to impress. I agree that Scott is a very good player with the ability to make a regular spot in the starting 11. Baj is versatile and committed and can do a job at DM and CB. Unless we make multiple signings in those positions he is worth keeping. Both subject to fitness of course.