+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Hull City ***Matchday Thread***

Another we dinna play well & the oppo did, eh - Phew !

But you make your own luck & we do have chances to score & the players to score too.
    Our ability to employ a “cool” cognitive system of behavior rather than a “hot” emotional system proved to be our winner again.

Hull do like their possession & neatly stroke the ball around but as their seasons stats prove they just dont have the players to bang 'em in.

So 4 points coming from a nasty International break for us with goals, confidence & belief yet again from players off key with stuttering fitness levels but still with the will to fight on.

Well done too Farke for keeping the squad focused & not mentally depleted via dealing with too much stress.
    Results business in it !
    Sleep well everyone. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Another we dinna play well & the oppo did, eh - Phew !

But you make your own luck & we do have chances to score & the players to score too.
    Our ability to employ a “cool” cognitive system of behavior rather than a “hot” emotional system proved to be our winner again.

Hull do like their possession & neatly stroke the ball around but as their seasons stats prove they just dont have the players to bang 'em in.

So 4 points coming from a nasty International break for us with goals, confidence & belief yet again from players off key with stuttering fitness levels but still with the will to fight on.

Well done too Farke for keeping the squad focused & not mentally depleted via dealing with too much stress.
    Results business in it !
    Sleep well everyone. 👍
    As you might suspect, there's a large part of that post I disagree with.

To summarise;

Making our own luck only goes so far towards a win. We have shown against our two main promotion rivals that luck is the jam on top, it's not needed to win. Tonight it was and automatic promotion won't be achieved if we continue to dilly dally and the Dudds game is another example of that fluff and nonsense. I'd agree that Dull don't have the cutting edge, if that wasn't the case the ineffective and thoughtless defensive play we exhibited in both halves would have killed us.

We weren't "cool" we were tepid, a very different proposition, and how it's possible to suggest Farke has kept the squad "focussed" when we have achieved next to nothing of merit in an attacking context and have won this and other games because we were lucky is beyond me.

Said in another post, about time we treated EVERY game as a major event and apply the energy and passion we have shown in a relatively few instances for the rest of the season. There are a half dozen or so matches left and if the players can't cope with the stress of that period, god help us if we are promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post

To summarise;

Making our own luck only goes so far towards a win. We have shown against our two main promotion rivals that luck is the jam on top, it's not needed to win. Tonight it was and automatic promotion won't be achieved if we continue to dilly dally and the Dudds game is another example of that fluff and nonsense. I'd agree that Dull don't have the cutting edge, if that wasn't the case the ineffective and thoughtless defensive play we exhibited in both halves would have killed us.

We weren't "cool" we were tepid, a very different proposition, and how it's possible to suggest Farke has kept the squad "focussed" when we have achieved next to nothing of merit in an attacking context and have won this and other games because we were lucky is beyond me.

Said in another post, about time we treated EVERY game as a major event and apply the energy and passion we have shown in a relatively few instances for the rest of the season. There are a half dozen or so matches left and if the players can't cope with the stress of that period, god help us if we are promoted.
    Blimey - no one died, we played and we won. We have been pretty good at it in 2024 and air in second.

Some of us might like to enjoy the moment - get you might not but surely no need to rain on others parades?

Keep you glass half full MT.

😎

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post

To summarise;

Results buisness or entertainment buisness ?

My younger bro tells me what makes a great goalkeeper is one that’s able to live with their mistakes & find ways to improve.

Redemption takes time & persistence. Only those with the the determination to keep plugging away will prove what they’re really made of - we won !

Not in the style you & others might like but 3 valuable points gained under several mitigating circumstance common in football at all levels.
    Maybe some credit to Hull too for coming to ER & making a fist of a game to obtain points in their quest.

Unlike other positions on the pitch the goalkeeper can’t “get into” a game & start to find form as the match goes on like his other outfield players.
    Sure we were again out of kilter but we kept cool & focused again whilst dealing with some tricky oppo tactics in a tense atmosphere.

So yeah, i'll take that & considering everything proud to be a happy-clapper this morning.👏

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Results buisness or entertainment buisness ?

My younger bro tells me what makes a great goalkeeper is one that’s able to live with their mistakes & find ways to improve.

Redemption takes time & persistence. Only those with the the determination to keep plugging away will prove what they’re really made of - we won !

Not in the style you & others might like but 3 valuable points gained under several mitigating circumstance common in football at all levels.
    Maybe some credit to Hull too for coming to ER & making a fist of a game to obtain points in their quest.

Unlike other positions on the pitch the goalkeeper can’t “get into” a game & start to find form as the match goes on like his other outfield players.
    Sure we were again out of kilter but we kept cool & focused again whilst dealing with some tricky oppo tactics in a tense atmosphere.

So yeah, i'll take that & considering everything proud to be a happy-clapper this morning.👏
    Exactly!

Football is one of the most random teams due to the fact there is a round ball with the aim to keep it in play as much as possible.

A lot of the possession based play is designed to try to avoid that by playing low risk passes and reduce turnovers (from which goals are more likely to be scored) or let the other team have the ball more and set the defence and see if they are good enough to break you down (and if not you turn the ball over with a higher chance of scoring as a result).

The championship is one of the most competitive and unpredictable leagues and the top 4 sides (particularly the top 3) have shown a remarkable ability to churn out results and beat the percentages. It is a record breaking season as a result.

Whatever the frustrations, and we football fans are prone to them, Leeds have had a remarkable season (my personal one which is minor is how late and how few subs we often make). As has been said many times before, pre season wasn’t great and I think we were as low as 16th in September so to be where we are is incredible.

There is much to celebrate and we played some really good stuff in the last 30 minutes with lots of young talent all over the pitch (Summerville, Joseph, Ampadu, Gray and Meslier) and lots of young talent on the bench (Crew, Cresswell etc).

Some of that is home grown too (if you include developing in the youth system even if we bought some of them.

Are we perfect - far from it - but it’s been a great season so far and I feel sorry for those who seem incapable of getting any pleasure from it.

MOT

Three horse race now, just need to keep getting those 3 pts, and hope that one or both of the others slip up. Some tricky games to play, lets hope that our final game with Saints, that they decide to rest key players for the playoffs.
    86 points and nothing decided - any other season hey!

We weren't at our best last night , nowhere near it , but considering the international break and the 3 lads who came back injured playing for their countries , 2 of whom would have definitely started and 1 definitely coming off the bench I think you just have to applaud the spirit of the team who have ground out 4 pts from 2 tough games.

We are 2nd and still in the mix with 6 games to go and had you given us this start of the season well we would have ALL took it!

6 cup finals to go , lets see where it ends.

Reading what farke had said, that Rodon played with injections before hand, kamara was ill throughout, byram couldn’t run, it was remarkable that we won, stuff we don’t know about beforehand, yet we all expect perfection (me included) on a different note, I wonder if Summerville and piroe are speaking yet?

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Reading what farke had said, that Rodon played with injections before hand, kamara was ill throughout, byram couldn’t run, it was remarkable that we won, stuff we don’t know about beforehand, yet we all expect perfection (me included) on a different note, I wonder if Summerville and piroe are speaking yet?
    Yes I seen his post match interview, walking wounded still doing a job, reminds me of the halcyon days, grinding out results with a patched up team, we can’t be Real Leeds everymatch, the best teams find a way.
    The tension is ratcheting up as the season nears its end, plenty of nervous times ahead MOT

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Yes I seen his post match interview, walking wounded still doing a job, reminds me of the halcyon days, grinding out results with a patched up team, we can’t be Real Leeds everymatch, the best teams find a way.
    The tension is ratcheting up as the season nears its end, plenty of nervous times ahead MOT
    Good news: we scored 5 goals in 2 League matches.
    Good news: We have yet to concede a a 2nd half goal in the League since the start of the New year. remarkable. Herr Farke must be saying something right at half-time.
    Bad news: Conceded 3 goals in 2 League matches. All 3 goals appear to be due to issues with fullbacks (my opinion).
    Bad news: Bamford doesn't seem to be in top form. I think Joseph should be given more playing time.
    All in all, I think the attack can score goals. I think the defence needs mending. also, I am not sure Kamara and Gray are pressing fast enough.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)