+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think that Eddie was close to the tin tack today

Do you think that Eddie was close to the tin tack today

I really felt that if we had lost by 3 or 4 and how it was just after half time he could have been sacked
    We were dreadful and his substitutes were just as poor
    Why didn’t he start with Burn in the centre of defence and when Lascelles had to go off why put Krafth on and not Hall
    I think Barnes may have saved him but yet again he was put on as an afterthought

I hope not, but I don't have much data to work on to decide how our owners are thinking.

Please don’t get me wrong I would be devastated if it had happened

No I don't think he was.

I think he has credit in the bank and they can see how we've been crippled by injuries.

I don't see him being sacked this season.

No, I don't think so.

He's got enough credit in the bank after last season and the understanding of what this extraordinary run of injuries has done to our form will have bought him a bit of time, too.

They'll be asking serious questions about our training methods and medical team, though and won't be as forgiving next season.

We just don’t know what our owners are thinking and how they will react
    Is my memory playing tricks but Sir Bobby got the sack the year after we got into the champions league they say fans are fickle what about owners

No
    The team over-achieved last season. Only under-achieved this season through the terrible injury list. We could still get into a European competition.
    OK, people will question some of Eddie's decisions. A lot of grumbles about Burn in particular.
    But why would anyone think another manager would have done much better?
    OK, that's not really the question. Why would anyone think another manager would improve things right now???

Dunno.

I think intensity really is his identity. He probably puts more pressure on himself than the board put on him.

Whilst there are calls from those outside the club and trolls masquerading as toon fans calling for his head, no one I know, who knows anything about football want to see him replaced.

Eddie Howe has shown what he can do with a squad of fit players. We qualified for the Champions League.

When the deadwood in the squad have been dumped this summer, the wage bill has been freed up to the tune of £400,000/week. The club will bring in 3-4 more top quality players.

The players with bizarre injuries, backs, shoulders, toes (ffs) we'd hope, won't suffer them again. The club will improve the back room staff and improve the recovery from more sporting related injuries to reduce the amount of time players are missing.

We'll have a very competitive and united squad which will once again challenge at the top end of the league for the European places.

Despite all our injuries the man has us in 1 point of the European Conference despite only spending a fraction of what the teams above us have spent.

We're doing amazing. Plus this story is a perfectly Newcastle United story.

Richest owners, not allowed to spend their money. Qualify for the Champions League, Drawn in a group with 3 of the competitions most competitive and decorated teams. This seasons cup runs drawn against the very best teams in the country. Riddled with injuries. Every Fleet street, SS & TS muppet mocking us.

The rollercoaster of emotion, the roar of the crowd, the hopes and dreams of the Geordie nation. The highs of the PSG thrashing. The lows of the home loss to Dortmund (That F'ing drum, who the F let that guy in???). The Tonali scandal. The emergence of Lewis Miley.

What a ride so far, every week is just another chance to hope and dream, the excitement of hope and optimism.

Happy Easter to all. God bless the Board, the club, the squad & the whole Geordie nation.

In Eddie We Trust!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    No, I don't think so.

He's got enough credit in the bank after last season and the understanding of what this extraordinary run of injuries has done to our form will have bought him a bit of time, too.

They'll be asking serious questions about our training methods and medical team, though and won't be as forgiving next season.
    Yes, they will be asking those questions, but the way they react to a situation I'll wager those questions will be addressed and answered positively.

Quote Originally Posted by 5under1and View Post
    We just don’t know what our owners are thinking and how they will react
    Is my memory playing tricks but Sir Bobby got the sack the year after we got into the champions league they say fans are fickle what about owners
    Yes, Sir Bobby got sacked, but only because Shepherd wanted to look like the hard man. As he said " It was like shooting Bambi"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)