+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Burton Albion v Barnsley

Romared Match Thoughts Burton Albion v Barnsley

Despite our excellent away record this looks another tricky game against opponents fighting for their League One lives .

Firstly our confidence is pretty low and it's a ground we seem to struggle at , even Stendel's team were beaten here late in the last league one promotion campaign and we were beaten last season too rather controversially as I seem to remember .

We really need a win and cement that play off spot as well as finding some confidence and form to hopefully take in to the play offs .

The natives are getting restless , understandably .

I’m unreasonably confident mate? We are better away from home because it plays to our strengths that teams don’t sit back.
    It’s a different kettle of fish at home where the away team sits back and we haven’t a clue how to get past them! On top of that as soon as our fans get restless they panic and start to rush passes and make mistakes.

3 goals 3 points - Simple

Another tight game but all season when we have under performed we some how have the knack to bounce back & once again I see today as one of those games , a tight win & 3 points me thinks.

Having just read the Easter message from our Club Chaplin and the thoughts of the Head Coach that the game at Burton provides an ideal opportunity for a response to Friday my mind is now at peace.

Unfortunately the post match social gathering at a local brewery has had to be cancelled because of organisational issues.

Can usually work out the formation we play (we don’t often change it to be fair) but I’m struggling with today. I guess we’ll see in just under an hour.

Name:  IMG_8882.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  12.4 KB

Reds:Roberts (GK), Williams (c), de Gevigney, McCart, Earl, O'Keeffe, Connell, Russell, Cadden, Kane, Cosgrove.

Subs: Killip (GK), Cotter, James, Grant, Phillips, McAtee, Cole.

Burton: Crocombe (GK), Brayford (c), Hughes, Powell, Harper, Bennett, Moon, Helm, Gilligan, Hamer, Hugill.

Subs: Blackman (GK), Seddon, Oshilaja, Sweeney, Kamwa, Ola-Adebomi, Hackford.

Quote Originally Posted by NerfHerder View Post
    Can usually work out the formation we play (we don’t often change it to be fair) but I’m struggling with today. I guess we’ll see in just under an hour.
    Collins has put his neck on the line with that hasn't he .

Looks very desperate in my opinion .

All will be revealed in due course .

#_Go well Neil #

5 defenders, 4 midfielders and a previously out of favour striker today.

I cant Adam and Eve it!!

Can you?

Clutching at straws?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Collins has put his neck on the line with that hasn't he .

Looks very desperate in my opinion .

All will be revealed in due course .

#_Go well Neil #
    Yeah certainly a change up. Feel it needed at home, not so much away but I guess we will soon see.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast