+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where would you like us to finish next season?

At this point, unpredictable. Be careful what you wish for.

Post match interviews

Well, it would be a good thing if manager post match interviews were abandoned. Really, what good are they?
    Stating the obvious or hiding what they can’t say…..and that’s just the articulate ones.
    Poinless and boring.

Site on haywire….post match interviews is supposed to be a new topic…..sort it out mods.

Next season will see 14 new players and a new manager. (Well old one returning) The bounce will be back with the club and we will win the playoffs at Wembley.. the manager will then steer us to 15th in the championship and this season will long be forgotten...
    Remember this post, You heard it here first.

A season of rebuilding and consolidation I think, I'd be happy with a top 10 finish, dabbling with the play offs at some point.
    If Richardson is here, I've no idea if he's any good for this task, time will tell, but likes of a Warne like bounce back seems very unlikely.

I'll be very surprised if you aren't in the top 6 next season .

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Next season will see 14 new players and a new manager. (Well old one returning) The bounce will be back with the club and we will win the playoffs at Wembley.. the manager will then steer us to 15th in the championship and this season will long be forgotten...
    Remember this post, You heard it here first.
    Glad the new tablets seem to be working Cayton

For me it is more important to play an entertaining style of football that excites the fans and enables you to win more than you lose, that might mean mid-table or a push for top 6. I would take the Efl trophy serious and try to win it as that breeds a sense of winning and a possible Wembley visit. I think the squad needs to be younger with pace and some of those have to come internally. All that requires the investment to be in the infrastructure, we have to have training facilities that are fit for a top L1 side or a lower championship side, that can be built over a number of years but a clear and transparent plan which is communicated to the fans is essential. The uefa have a training academy reference document that should be used to set our vision and then we report progress towards the level we are aiming at. We should do the same with the academy, seeing it as a 5 to 10 year plan with annual improvements. We should look at how we can use a more international approach to recruitment at all levels. We need a coo/ceo that has run a club of our size successfully through such a programme in the sports industry.

It appears as though VAR is being introduced to the cship next season so small blessings for relegation

Only our football authorities could expand this facility when there are still clear problems on how to operate it adequately. Great decision

When we got relegated with the lowest ever Championship points haul people were saying then that we would fall straight through to League 2.We didn't,we got promoted.I'm not saying that is what will happen next year but we have a healthy budget for League 1 and the difference between the 2 leagues is night and day. It is 18 years since we last competed in League 1 and either didn't go up or get relegated so mid table at least would be a novelty.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast