+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Where would you like us to finish next season?

Above the Pigs, please God!

My gut feeling is for 8th. A good solid season of rebuilding and close enough to playoffs to enjoy it and build some optimism.

8th every season in 3rd division. Doesn't bother me if there's no away fans either.

Still in league 1

Hopefully I'm wrong but can see us dropping down again.

Want to see us top. As awful as relegation seasons are, promotion ones are great.

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    Want to see us top. As awful as relegation seasons are, promotion ones are great.
    I agree. No lasting memories in finishing outside the play offs.

I think the focus on investing on training facilities and infrastructure are all well and good and may help one or two players to choose to come but at championship standards, money talks and without a huge change of ownership investment which I can't see happening, I fear we'll always be struggling to stay beyond a season.

Open to be proved wrong to events as they unfold though should we do the infrastructure thing.

When you look at league 1 there are some very much bog standard teams in it. Yes teams relegated with us and those promoted from league 2 may provide more of a challenge but the rest are definitely beatable.
    I still think though that expecting to bounce back to the Championship in one season would be a groundhog day experience. We need to consolidate and build the infrastructure first

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Next season will see 14 new players and a new manager. (Well old one returning) The bounce will be back with the club and we will win the playoffs at Wembley.. the manager will then steer us to 15th in the championship and this season will long be forgotten...
    Remember this post, You heard it here first.
    It's Started

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    It's Started
    Jesus Cayton.. Let's hope!

The club has now been quite clear. We want promotion.

Fair enough. No guess work now. TS is once again going for it.

Do you think he will bring Alex back too?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast