+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maynard or JOB

Maynard or JOB

If Maynard were to be sacked there would be no cheaper option than giving JOB the position full time. I wonder how the fans would react to this? Someone with less experience and know how than the current manager but could easily be molded by the club. It would endanger his reputation amongst fans if it turned even further south quickly.

Would giving Jim the job full time be a good move or bad move? Think I’d rather stick with Maynard.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    If Maynard were to be sacked there would be no cheaper option than giving JOB the position full time. I wonder how the fans would react to this? Someone with less experience and know how than the current manager but could easily be molded by the club. It would endanger his reputation amongst fans if it turned even further south quickly.

Would giving Jim the job full time be a good move or bad move? Think I’d rather stick with Maynard.
    Not many games left we can’t go up we can’t go down I’d get rid of Bt Engineer tomorrow by 5.30pm and install JOB until end of the season, in the meantime if I was the owner I’d be looking at other coaches/managers contracts elsewhere and drawing up a shortlist.
    Either way SM has lost the players and fans unfortunately there no coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post

I love Jim but would say short term yes, long term no.

I don't think JOB made any suggestion that he wanted the job full-time in January or that he was relishing the caretaker role, did he? If not then he's probably less likely to want the job now, short or long term.

It's not the norm but not unheard of to have two, three or even four staff/players officially named as caretakers to take the spotlight and pressure off any one individual who may not want to be caretaker. We did it with Wayne Jones after Kendall was sacked, naming him along with Nicol, Thomas and Agana to the end of the season. More recently with Mick Halsall named as a duo with Richard Dryden.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    He's still got a fair bit to offer as a player so it's NO to Jim being in charge, leave Maynard until the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    ^^^^^ this

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    He's still got a fair bit to offer as a player so it's NO to Jim being in charge, leave Maynard until the end of the season.
    For this season maybe but he really needs to be released at end of the season.

All the love in for him is ridiculous he was part of the squad that got relegated like Brindley/Slocombe/Rawlinson if we could all four would go for me we not miss any of them on the pitch.

Jim O'B got less experience of football management than Maynard !!! I will that there and in the words of Grange Hill...Just say NO !

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    For this season maybe but he really needs to be released at end of the season.

All the love in for him is ridiculous he was part of the squad that got relegated like Brindley/Slocombe/Rawlinson if we could all four would go for me we not miss any of them on the pitch.
    Brindley/Slocombe/Rawlinson all joined after we were relegated, non of them played for Notts in L2 before this season. Only Jim for the current squad remains from that season.

Back to the question...I'm sure Jim would take the caretaker role until the end of the season but he's not the right man just yet for the full time position. If the brothers are thinking of a change next season it makes no sense to drag Maynard's tenure any further after tomorrows game no matter what the result.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 01-04-2024 at 12:38 AM.

Indecent haste to bring in Maynard after the Grimsby game.
    JoB maybe didn't fancy the job as an interim or permanent candidate.
    I think he would have stabilised the club and certainly been more aware of in game developments than Tactical Tinkerman.
    The downside of it was that Jim wouldn't have been on the pitch.
    In terms of enthusiasm , organisation skills and urgency on the pitch during games , I wish we had a few more like him with "old school values " and experience.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast