+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is going down with us?

Stick with my original prediction: us, Wednesday and Huddersfield - many Yorkshire derbies in league one next year

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Stick with my original prediction: us, Wednesday and Huddersfield - many Yorkshire derbies in league one next year
    Indeed, imagine if Barnsley don't go up and Donny do gain promotion, what a mini Yorkshire League that will produce and not too far to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Indeed, imagine if Barnsley don't go up and Donny do gain promotion, what a mini Yorkshire League that will produce and not too far to travel.
    Bradford could also get promoted too after a late assault on the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Wednesday will survive

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Wednesday will survive
    Grist do you know something we don't?

It's going to the last match for sure.Lots of twists and turns.If Brum beat Hudders they will be back out of the bottom three because I cannot see West Brom losing to Wednesday.Then the last match for Brum is Norwich at home, by which time the Canaries probably will have qualified for the playoffs.Owls go to Sunderland,who have not been playing well but will not want to bow out with a home defeat.I personally wouldn't put money on the outcome with Plymouth and Blackburn still not safe with their upcoming matches.No pressure on us this time round.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    It's going to the last match for sure.Lots of twists and turns.If Brum beat Hudders they will be back out of the bottom three because I cannot see West Brom losing to Wednesday.Then the last match for Brum is Norwich at home, by which time the Canaries probably will have qualified for the playoffs.Owls go to Sunderland,who have not been playing well but will not want to bow out with a home defeat.I personally wouldn't put money on the outcome with Plymouth and Blackburn still not safe with their upcoming matches.No pressure on us this time round.
    Shaping up to go right down to the wire for some team

Looking at bottom 6 teams.

19 .... Blackburn ....... -16 ..... 49 pts - To play Coventry [H] - Leicester [A] - * 1pt
    20 .... Plymouth ......... -11 ..... 48 pts - To play Millwall [A] - Hull City [H] - * 1pt
    21 .... Sheff Wed ........ -29 ..... 47 pts - To play West Brom [H] - Sunderland [A] - * 3 to 4 pts
    22 .... Birmingham ..... -16 ..... 46 pts - To play Huddersfield [A] - Norwich [H] -- * 1 pt
    23 .... Huddersfield ..... -27 .. .. 44 pts - To play Birmingham [H] - Ipswich [A] -- * 1 pt
    24 .... Rotherham Utd .. -53 .... 24 pts - To play Bristol City [A] - Cardiff City [H] - * 2 pts

* Points I think the teams will get.

Therefore Birningham City, Huddersfield Town, to join Rotherham United in league one.

Sheffield Wednesday to stay up with either 50 or 51 points.

I've said all along I think Wednesday will stay up (unfortunately) so it's Huddersfield and Birmingham for the drop for me.
    Both those clubs have had relatively recent financial problems and Birmingham have ambitious development plans so it will be interesting to see how relegation impacts on both clubs.

Huddersfield v Birmingham is the critical fixture.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast