+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. MK Dons [EFL L2] 01.04.24

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    LW had his flaws with substitutions if I remember rightly. One game he used them all then we lost a man to injury
    Yes, that wasn't Luke's greatest moment. I think that the game where Cedwyn Scott was the one who got injured after all the subs were made, and trying to soldier on arguably made his injury worse, hence why he's only just coming back now.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Like watching prime attacking Luke ball, give me that and the level of passion showed by the players and I'm all in.
    Thanks...so there could be hope after all...!

On a positive note I thought the fans were spectacular yesterday. There's nothing better than the Kop and the Pavis in unison.
    Just imagine how good it would have been if someone had got on the end of Langstaff's cross.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    The substitutions felt like substitutions because we had substitutes, no real plan for them. He's done this quite often and the games have changed often for the worst.
    Austin missed Swindon due to illness so its understandable why he came off.

MaCari also was looking gassed/tired to me so again im not sure he wanted to make that sub but he certainly didnt look on it second half....its fine though he is a young guy and its only his first season.

These don't seem to have been posted yet so here we go...

Judging by what yesterday's performance and result was it's clear that a lot of players have really let the club down over the last few months. They've totally thrown what should have been at least a play off spot away. As I've said before Maynard certainly isn't blameless and probably does need to go once the season ends but the players have failed him badly. Some of them simply aren't Notts County, they're frauds.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Judging by what yesterday's performance and result was it's clear that a lot of players have really let the club down over the last few months. They've totally thrown what should have been at least a play off spot away. As I've said before Maynard certainly isn't blameless and probably does need to go once the season ends but the players have failed him badly. Some of them simply aren't Notts County, they're frauds.
    So are you saying that the players have deliberately played badly so as to lose matches?

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    So are you saying that the players have deliberately played badly so as to lose matches?
    I'm saying they haven't been putting in the same effort as when Williams was manager.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    I'm saying they haven't been putting in the same effort as when Williams was manager.
    We don’t know that so you should qualify your statement by adding ‘IMO’

My first match attended for a good many weeks. Feared a hammering, but much surprised. Nerves / emotions totally shredded by the end.

Any neutral watching would have been completely flabbergasted:
    "How can a team with such tremendous attacking ability be so incredibly poor defensively?".

To which we would have to reply:
    "It's just Notts County, and the stats prove it, mate - best attack and worse defence in the league."

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast