+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Millwall Post Match Thoughts

Millwall Post Match Thoughts

When you look at the calendar it says April 1st but this is no joke. We've won our first game of 2024! Nothing more to say really. Well done to the players and manager and especially well done to those who were there today and earned the rights to wear the "I saw us win in 2024" T shirts. As mentioned on the match thread it changes nothing really except to give us that rarely felt high associated with winning rather than losing.

Thoughts?

Other thread I said we'd avoided being the worst second-tier team ever but might need another point, depends on goal difference ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Other thread I said we'd avoided being the worst second-tier team ever but might need another point, depends on goal difference ATM.
    I thought we held that converted record anyway

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I thought we held that converted record anyway
    Yes but this team doesn't.

Wouldn’t it be typical of us to go on a winning run and then fall short in the last couple of games - at least gives us something to cheer/look forward to. Good win today - Millwall must be gutted

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Wouldn’t it be typical of us to go on a winning run and then fall short in the last couple of games - at least gives us something to cheer/look forward to. Good win today - Millwall must be gutted
    Fall short of what?

Is that the first time we haven't started with a so called leader who's past their sell by date. Look what happens when you play with a pacey back 3 and wing backs.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Fall short of what?
    Enough points to stay up - Hudds and Weds looked doomed and things not so rosy just above those two either

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Enough points to stay up - Hudds and Weds looked doomed and things not so rosy just above those two either
    We can only get 41pts and Plymouth already have that and a 39 goal better goal difference than us so I think that ship has sailed.

We saw some desire and fight today, revan, Odoffin, Victor and clucas the best of them. We weren’t great but we won and that at least makes us feel a bit better and gives something for those that went. If we are honest our keeper made 4 outstanding saves their keeper really had nothing to do, so on another day we could have lost by two or three. Well done to the players for the win and for actually showing some fight. Although I am not sure LR is the right man I am pleased he has a win, perhaps he might change his demeanour and interviews now.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast