+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chicksen deserves a bit of a pat on the back

Chicks is a solid pro who will give you his best whatever position he's asked to play, and he's certainly one of our best defenders. It's unfortunate for him that he rarely gets the chance to play his natural position of left-back, being deployed instead as a wing-back or a central defender, but he's rarely let us down.

He might not be the most exciting player going forward, but he's solid at the back and always gives 100%. I'd have him at LB in a back four, but what do I know.

Was always a fan of Chicks his goals certainly contributed last season. If anything I think he follows the managers instructions a little too literally.

He put in a good cross that resulted in a goal, yes.

He put in a good shift today.👏👏👏👏

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    It’s only taken him 5 games before the end of the season to figure out how to play forward.
    Think you might find it's taken until 5 games before the end of the season to get balls in the right place for him. He can't deal with balls to feet and expect to beat a man, he's a defender! He can run onto a pass and cross the fekker though.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    He might not be the most exciting player going forward, but he's solid at the back and always gives 100%. I'd have him at LB in a back four, but what do I know.
    Much more than Maynard.. But come to think of it, we all do..

Nice to see Chicks get the plaudits he deserves.
    Often unfairly criticised and missed far too many games after his injury at Doncaster.
    His contributions have been missed.

Does a good post match interview as well...

Why people on here knock him when he's hardly played this season is beyond me. Yesterday showed what we've missed, a speedy overlapping left wing/defender who can cross a ball accurately and score goals too. I expect him to be dropped for the next game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast