+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chicksen deserves a bit of a pat on the back

Good performance followed by a good interview.
    Nice to see you back Adam.

A very solid pro as others have said. I don't think he really fits into the squad and ethos all that well sadly in league 2 as he is generally too defensive to be a wing back but that cross yesterday which was right in front of me the stuff of legend. Well done! Another sound squad player though. Hope he can remain injury free.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Why people on here knock him when he's hardly played this season is beyond me. Yesterday showed what we've missed, a speedy overlapping left wing/defender who can cross a ball accurately and score goals too. I expect him to be dropped for the next game.
    Probably - I gather he was nursing a sore Achilles when he came off. It sounds like he, along with quite a few of them, is managing an injury whilst trying to play through necessity. If Jones is back I would imagine he will be on the bench at best.

I'm not totally convinced about Chicksen, but have to admit that was a superb retrieval & cross for our second goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    I'm not totally convinced about Chicksen, but have to admit that was a superb retrieval & cross for our second goal.
    I agree has a defender he can do a job but not a wingback. He often slows attacks down by stopping and passing backwards. But Saturday he was one of our better players.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I agree has a defender he can do a job but not a wingback. He often slows attacks down by stopping and passing backwards. But Saturday he was one of our better players.
    We have a whole defensive line that continually stop and pass back, and sometimes sideways, don't we? That's why we have such a high percentage of possession. Now we have such a high target man as Jatta for him to aim at it makes sense to use someone who was such an asset last season. With Chicksen and Jones on the left, Nemane on the right, Jatta in the middle and Macca dashing about as he sees the gaps we really should be putting a fright in the opposition.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123